DjangoBooks.com

Slowing Down Clips from the New Stochelo DVD

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I use Ultimate DVD Player:
    http://www.ronimusic.com/dvdplayer.htm

It works directly with DVDs. Transcribe requires that you convert to another format.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Thanks K!
  • rob.cuellarirob.cuellari ✭✭✭✭
    firstly, i really love the dvd. great job!
    i'm trying to learn valse a rosenberg since it seems like the easiest, and i'm not sure if i lost a page but not all of it was transcribed. that being said i was able to figure out almost all the notes except for the last phrase that stochelo plays when he ends the song. any help guys?

the last phrase i can reliably transcribe ends in D#, C#, D.

then he plays the final phrase and that's where i'm lost!

:)
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    From the Hyperhip site:

November 27, 2009

The pdf Tab file for Valse à Rosenberg on the DVD Gypsy Waltzes Featuring Stochelo Rosenberg, is missing page 2.

You can access a complete version of the pdf file here or click the image.

Valse_a_Rosenberg-1.jpg
    thanks!
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Cool. I didn't realize the dvd's came with tab.

Where do you get it?

Thanks
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    It's just the waltz discs; the improv ones are geared toward ear-training. Get them at the Hyperhip Media website...
    i'm not sure if anyone cares, but i think there's an error in the tab for waltz a rosenberg. i think there should be an additional note between the 11th and 12th measures on the 7th fret on the D string. am i wrong? it really sounds like it should be there.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    hmm i don't see anything wrong with the transcription, are we talking about stochelo's compostion valse a rosenberg?
    yea, am i off on that? it really sounds like there should be that extra note there. i could be wrong, but i watched the dvd and it also looks like he hits it on the way up before coming down. (that is probably more confusing that i would prefer)