DjangoBooks.com

Another Scandalli question

maluhkaimaluhkai New
edited March 2010 in Accordion Posts: 3
I've attached a picture of it. The only information on the accordion itself I can find is a tag that says "L 84/6". The story is that the original owner's father imported it from Italy when she was a little girl (the 50's?)

Any idea what the model is or how much it might be worth?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• maluhkaimaluhkai New
    Hey guys, just wanted to check in again and see if anybody knows anything about this particular accordion?
  • CuimeanCuimean Los AngelesProdigy
    I can't tell you much about that particular accordion. I've seen some Hohners with similar metal sound ports, though this definitely looks Italian. As far as I know, there really isn't much of a market for vintage accordions, probably because almost everyone has some relative's old instrument in a closet or attic, and most of them aren't in very good condition. The value of the instrument for players depends on the features and condition. This one looks like it has a wide array of reeds. However, the picture gives no indication as to the condition of the reeds, if the instrument plays in tune, the condition of the bellows (any leaks or mildew?), or the action of the keys and buttons. A search on Craigslist or eBay might give you an idea of what other people are paying for similar instruments.
  • denk8denk8 ✭✭✭
    I have a similar accordion.
    It was most likely made in the late 1940's. Is it a Scandalli -Brevetto?
    It may have 4 reeds and 5 bass reeds. The couplers act as a mute.