DjangoBooks.com

SOLD: US Dell Arte Rosenberg Custom All Maple Guitar

Caravan GSECaravan GSE Madison, WINew
edited September 2009 in Classifieds Posts: 60
This is a 2003 all solid maple / Euro spruce American Dell Arte Custom Rosenberg model. There are very few maple Rosenbergs out there! Ordering a new one will cost you $3500+ and a few months wait. I swore I would keep it forever but I just received my custom Hommage a couple months ago. Now I am looking to buy a vintage Selmer sized guitar. This sale will go towards that.

It supposedly was played by Angelo back stage at Djangofest LA and by his rhythm guitarist on stage during the show a few years back. Robin Nolan played it at The Midwest Gypsy Swing Fest during his Friday performance here in Madison last winter. I guess he liked it better than the Samik arch top he brought!

FYI: The 9Th side fret marker has been moved to the European style 10Th position as shown. The original marker is still in place. It has been darkened and lacquered over.

This guitar has been gigged quite a bit in the four years I had it. It has some dings in the rosewood binding as shown. It also has the normal scratches and bumps that any well loved and well played guitar has. The lacquer over the rosette has separating a bit. There was also some cosmetic repair done to the bottom of the sound hole by John at Dell Arte before I owned it. It is exactly the was it was when I bought it and not changed in the years I have owned it. Check out the pictures for condition. Feel free to email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> or post questions here. Comes with it's structurally sound and cosmetically beat road worn hard shell case.

$2100 shipped. You won't be sorry!!

Hear me playing it here: www.malodua.com

Chris
Chris Ruppenthal
Caravan Gypsy Swing Ensemble
www.gypsyswing.com

Comments

• ibradburibradbur Halifax Nova Scotia✭✭✭
    I've got a US Dell Arte Dark Eyes I'm considering selling or trading for a Favino copy, let me know if its if interest.
  • SorefSoref Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭
    Hi Chris,

I've got a very fine Collins I would be willing to trade. It was the guitar of mine you played at the last Midwest Gypsy Swing Festival. Sent you a PM.

regards,
    Jack
  • Caravan GSECaravan GSE Madison, WINew
    I updated this listing. Now the guitar is for sale. Funds to go towards something vintage!!!!
    Chris Ruppenthal
    www.gypsyswing.com
  • JazzDawgJazzDawg New
    Sure is a beauty! I've got a Gibson J-200 Maple, and it cuts pretty well too. Some don't like the maple guitars because of it, saying other woods have more warmth. Maybe it's true for other idioms, but with GJ it seems like that's exactly what you want in a 'lead' instrument.

You guitar is beautiful, and probably sounds wonderful. Wish I was able to take it...
    it is a really great guitar. Like I said I planned to keep it forever but I love the new one even more. Kudos to John Kinnard at Dell Arte. A modern master of the Favino sound!

The maple really does add a "cut" to the sound. I owned a stock rosewood Rosenberg a while back and I must say that this one is another animal. More sparkly high end due to the maple for sure. In my band we share lead guitar work and I must say that the Favino size makes it work just fine for rhythm as well.
    Chris Ruppenthal
    www.gypsyswing.com
    Still for sale.

Send me an offer.

Chris
    Chris Ruppenthal
    www.gypsyswing.com
    Chris Ruppenthal
    www.gypsyswing.com
    Sold
    Chris Ruppenthal
    www.gypsyswing.com
  • JazzDawgJazzDawg New
    Chris,

Sorry to see you part with it, but congrats on the sale. Would you mind modifying the subject title to 'Sold: ". Just to let browsers know that it's no longer available.

BTW - what are you playing now?
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, Chris. Does this mean you're now the proud papa of a vintage?

See you next week!
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.