DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• pdaiglepdaigle Montreal, QCNew
    What a wonderful model!
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Yes, this is a very cool Dupont. The resonator does something really interesting to the sound...it seems to make the chords ultra rich and colorful. I just love playing chord melody on this one! If you like a round, warm, ultra fat sounding high end then this is a winner. I haven't ever come across anything quite like it...it's certainly different then your standard MDC-50.

'm
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Michael, is this the same guitar you had a couple of months ago, or another one just like it? I remember you telling me what a cool shimmer the chords had on that guitar.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Yes, this is the same guitar. Owner is moving so he had to clear out some of his collection. I think he's nuts to let this one go! It's so unique....the quintessential modern Gypsy guitar.
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    I have played a gig on this guitar, The former owner let me use it for a duo gig with him in a restaurant. It is an excellent sounding guitar with a very full tonal response (no mistaking this selmac for a banjo or mandolin!). I found it easy to play and beautiful to look at. IIRC, there is no label inside, so it may be an early one made for John's approval.

If I did not already own a wonderful Dupont, this guitar would never have made its way to Michael!

Cheers,

Marc
    www.hotclubpacific.com
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass