DjangoBooks.com

new video lessons

Comments

• AdelaarvarenAdelaarvaren Ballard, WA, USANew
    Merci Juanita, awful kind of you :)
  • RomKyzarRomKyzar BaltimoreNew
    Denis! that was most wonderful of you to do!
    Thanks a lot.
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Nice! Thanks Dennis.

Hey, Have you considered producing some Dennis quality manouche playalongs??
    I have what's out there now, but I'm not satisfied...

They are ok... but some of them are out of time, out of tune, too much variation, bad pompe, wrong changes, wrong keys and all are too short for my tastes ( I'd like at least 4 mins to work with).

I don't think anyone has come up with something for Gypsy Jazz to match what Aebersolds are for straight ahead Jazz.

If you ever do them put me down for one order.
  • pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    The Stephan Wrembel ones are pretty good.

http://www.stephanewrembel.com/rhythmtracks.html

I've fed a bunch of them into my Digitech Jamman so they last as long as i like. It's quite effective. If you haven't encountered the jamman, it's great, enables you to do things like this too:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pfF3PZOCPbs

Ooo, the fun.
  • pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    D'oh!

I thought i was being all clever with the you tube embedding, but obviously not!. Hmmm
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Thanks Dennis.

Hey, Have you considered producing some Dennis quality manouche playalongs??
    I have what's out there now, but I'm not satisfied...

They are ok... but some of them are out of time, out of tune, too much variation, bad pompe, wrong changes, wrong keys and all are too short for my tastes ( I'd like at least 4 mins to work with).

I don't think anyone has come up with something for Gypsy Jazz to match what Aebersolds are for straight ahead Jazz.

If you ever do them put me down for one order.

I haven't heard them, but Colin Cosimini was putting out collections of playalongs with a full band...I remember reading that someone thought enough of them to use them as a backing band for solo gigs!

best,
    Jack.
    I have the Cosiminis and they are ok, but they only last a couple of mins per song... also they're occasionally slightly out of tune and sometimes the tempo varies a little.

Wrembel's are great but sometimes feel too short.

The backing tracks for the Selmer 607 album are good. I love "Swing 48", simple, steady and swinging, would be perfect if it lasted a bit more.

I'd love to have something like Jamey Aebersold's playalongs for gypsy jazz.
    Enough time to practice, great players backing you, enough variation to make it interesting but not too much so it distracts you.

Right now I make my own with Garage band and it's fine but it would be really cool to have two good rhythm guitars and a double bass so you can not only use them as a backing but also practice learning rhythm from them... and if you have the bass panned to one side and the guitars to the other, it could be used for a lot of situations.

I'm sure sooner or later someone will do it, just thought I might as well suggest it to Dennis.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    I have the Cosiminis and they are ok, but they only last a couple of mins per song... also they're occasionally slightly out of tune and sometimes the tempo varies a little.

All the better to simulate a real gig!

Just out of curiosity, are you talking about the backing track series available here, or the discs that come with the chord books? Like I said, I've never heard the backing tracks, but I always thought the chord book CDs were too short...

best,
    Jack.
    Jack wrote:
    All the better to simulate a real gig!
    hahaha

I have the CD only versions of the Cosimini series
  • steven_eiresteven_eire Wicklow✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    dennis wrote:

thanks!