DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Michael, where do you keep coming up with these gems?? Are you getting a lot more on consignment, or have you stepped up your own buying?

Either way, it's great to see these instruments, even if I can't afford them.

best,
    Jack.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi Jack....I'm just lucky that lot's of folks have been nice enough to send them my way. It's always a treat when an old Favino or Busato shows up. They're all so cool and each one has it's own distinctive tone.

This particular Favino is a real jaw dropper....it was played constantly for decades and sounds like it! People sometimes wonder why the prices get so high on these old ones...but once you hear them you understand why they are so highly coveted. You just can't build 30 years of hard playing and maturity into a new guitar. So, essentially you're paying some guy to play the guitar for a few decades. Even at minimum wage, that would add up to a lot of $ :lol::lol:

'm
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    I was actually surprised this one wasn't more expensive. I hope it finds a good home...mostly I'm just envious of the time you get to spend with all these beauties, though lately they seem to get snatched up pretty quickly!

see you soon,
    Jack.
    Yeah...they often don't last long! Too bad because this one is just sh** hot!! I'm having a lot fun w/it right now.

'm
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I was going to type something, but my keyboard is shorting out from all the drool. What a prize. I am jealous that you get to play all these, Michael!
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    I just updated the descrption with photos of Han'sche holding the guitar and MP3s of him playing it! Check it out:

Jacques Favino CUSTOM 14 Fret Oval Hole Guitar with Bigtone Pickup
    (Modele #10 - Serial #277 - owned by Hans'che Weiss!!!) Hardshell Case