DjangoBooks.com

La Vie en Rose

CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
edited April 2005 in Repertoire Posts: 557
I know this is kind of a Hokey tune but I have been listening to the Yves Montand version a lot and it seems like a natural fit. If nothing else It would be just a little tune to play to girls at parties. :D
Does anyone have have the Meoldy and Chords? I have checked all my fake books and none have it.
Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Caleb,

It's only hokey if you play it that way; I've always had a soft spot for this tune. If you don't find a version online, I'd be glad to send off a copy of my sheet music. Or you might check your local library, or the school library-it shows up in tons of older fake books and song collections (that's where I found mine). Just PM me your address if you'd like it.

Best,
    Jack.
    (And you're right; the ladies love it.)
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Thought I'd mention too these sites for basic changes to a lot of standards:

www.realbook.us (you'll need to register for this one)
    www.ralphpatt.com/Song.html

Neither are particularly gypsy jazz oriented, but they come in handy now and again.

Best,
    Jack.
  • François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    Hi,

e-mail me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> and I'll send you a scan of the music sheet. "La Vie en Rose" was written lyrics and music by Edith PIAF herself. As she was not a composer recorded at the SACEM (the french Society of Authors and Publsihers of Music) she had somebody to sign the music for her. She asked to her usual composer Marguerite Moreno who refused because she found the song too corny. So it was another composer Louiguy who accepted. It was a hit and even Louis ARMSTRONG recorded this tune.

Best regards

François RAVEZ
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Francois, and Jack, Thanks a lot for the help guys. Jack I think your right it is only hokey if you play it that way. Like you said I have a real soft spot for the tune. Girls really do like it when you croon on it via Yves Montand (easily my favorite version). Thanks again guys
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.