DjangoBooks.com

Dearmond Guitar Mic Repair

Can anybody point me in the direction of someone who repairs old dearmond pickups? I've got to check one more thing, but I'm pretty sure mine needs a rewind.

Comments

• CampusfiveCampusfive Los Angeles, CA✭✭✭✭
  • Colin PerryColin Perry Montreal, QCNew
    Do you know what he charges? I e-mailed Curt Novak, and he quoted me $50, which seems more than reasonable.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I've got a Guitar Mike that I thought was in serious need of repair - low output, high hum. My luthier discovered that the problem was in the old volume control, not the pickup itself.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Colin PerryColin Perry Montreal, QCNew
    Thanks Ben, I believe that might be the problem.
  • badjazzbadjazz Maui, Hawaii USA✭✭✭ AJL
    I just wanted to update this with another vote for lindy fralin if your dearmond needs a rewind. They recently rewound my dearmond fhc, which had almost no output. Now it sounds fantastic, better than any of the all-original dearmond pickups that I've ever owned. Also, the repairs where done carefully, quickly, and fairly cheaply. You can't even tell that anything has been repaired. I would highly recommend them for anybody else getting similar work done.

Thanks for the recommendation, campusfive! BTW, you've got to come and play here in Hawaii again. The bass player who filled in for you last time you were here (Alex Morrison) is playing with me now, too.
  • CampusfiveCampusfive Los Angeles, CA✭✭✭✭
    bizzarely small world bro. by the way the California Bar is kicking my ass right now - test is the end of the month (urgh....). Good luck next year.
    If you're not scared.....you will be.....you will be.....
    Kidding (sort of).