DjangoBooks.com

troublant bolero

rob.cuellarirob.cuellari ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2008 in Repertoire Posts: 114
http://www.hotclub.co.uk/gypsyworld/ind ... ol%C3%A9ro

what is the F# chord? and what is the best way to play it. high or low on the neck for this song. i was playing the dimished chords on the 3rd and 4th frets for G and G#.

don't have a clue to what the big circle means!
thanks in advance,
-rob

Comments

• TimmyHawkenTimmyHawken Lansing,MINew
    circle means diminished

circle with a slash is minor 7 flat 5, but I play diminished for that specific chord

thats an F#dim, play the same chord as you were for the 3rd and 4th frets, just on the 2nd.
  • TimmyHawkenTimmyHawken Lansing,MINew
    actually, I play these variations of the chords on that chart, basically the same but I think it sounds better. One thing to note is the last bar or box of the 1st A and the B part, you should listen to the recording, its like one shot of B7 then a pause then a subtle F7 or F9

Anyways, good luck, its a fun tune.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Often I'll just play a 5th fret D9 instead of that F#...it makes for a nice dramatic drop to the B that follows.

best,
    Jack.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    I play a C7 before the B7 like in the first line.

The F#m7b5, D9/A, or F#dim is really a lot like the B7. I like the C7 (like in the first line) to add some movement and give it a bit of a bluesy sound but any of these will work.
  • rob.cuellarirob.cuellari ✭✭✭✭
    thanks guys. appreciate the quick feedback.