DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    MD-50B is gone already....

'm
    The VR is now sold as well....I guess there's something about President's Day that makes people want to buy Duponts??!!

'm
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Just out of curiosity may I ask how much they went for?
    MD50B was $3K and the VRB was $6.5K
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    thats interesting. i know its already sold but i wonder how the bridge on the MD-50 ended up being pushed back a few millimeters from stock? i've never seen a DuPont like that. was DuPonts stock build that far off when they made the guitar? also, what are the red thingamajigs under the bridge?
    djangology wrote:
    thats interesting. i know its already sold but i wonder how the bridge on the MD-50 ended up being pushed back a few millimeters from stock?

You should ask Josh...he likes higher then normal action so he may have had to compensate the bridge placement to get the intonation right. the action is lower now and the bridge sits in the normal position.

'm
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    That was an old picture that I took before I had made a bridge for it. It's was not that way once I built the bridge for it with the correct compensation.

Cheers,
    Josh
  • ChubbyChubby Midwest, USANew
    What are you guys playing now without the Duponts and Favinos
    Chubby
    I have a Busato and Josh has a Bob Holo guitar which is based on a Busato. Bob's guitars are awesome! He's a careful student of the techniques of the old French lutheirs...especially Busato. He's really capturing that sound...he's the only lutheir I know who's making Busato copies! Very cool..

'm
  • pallopennapallopenna Rhode IslandNew
    Michael,

What is the Busato sound? I loved your Dupont when I played it this summer at Django in June. Just curious.

-Paul
    Reject the null hypothesis.