DjangoBooks.com

Saga Gitane DG-340 One of a Kind! ***ELECTRO MODEL***

Comments

• A.K. KibbenA.K. Kibben Tucson AZ USANew
    Thats a good price! I was offered $1500 for my FrankenSelmer!
    Your's and Josh's is much better!
    Good luck in pedaling yours!
    A.K.
    Here is a video (quite bad I must say, with Matt playing my FrankenSelmer.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy_xX4rmnmA
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I think it's a great deal....i gave it a full evaluation and tried it in all sorts of situations with different amps. It always sounded good and could get screaming loud without feeding back.

If there's enough interest we may make it a regular item...

'm
    Ok...this guitar is sold but if anyone would like us to build them an Electro Gitane (or any other make), then let me know. This bigtone/humbucker combo is hard to beat when performing. Always sounds good, is flexible, and can get very loud before feedback. That's what I look for in a live rig...no headaches! Just plug and play!

One thing we might try on the next one is using a Benedetto humbucker. See: http://benedettopickups.com/

b-6_small2.jpg

I have one on an archtop and it gets the most detailed "acoustic" type sound I've ever heard from a magnetic pickup. In conjunction with a bigtone I think you'd be tone heaven. We're a dealer for the Benedettos pickups now so we can install or supply these to anyone who'd like to try it out.

'm
  • GustavGustav SwedenNew
    I just have to say that the guitar sounds great, I bought it so should know. Thanks for a great deal!
    Hey Gustav..glad you like it! It was fun putting that system together and we look forward to making some more variations of the Gitane 'Electro" model.

'm