DjangoBooks.com

Dell Arte Guitars

HereticHeretic In the Pond✭✭✭
I’m wondering what your experience has been with American made Dell Arte guitars? There doesn’t seem to be a lot of discussion about them. In your opinion, how do they rate based on their sound, playability, quality of manufacturing, versus their price? I’m particularly interested in comments from players who have had several other brands of gypsy guitars by contrast. Thank you.

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I think the US made Hommage model is the best deal for a Gypsy jazz guitar under $3000. It has great volume, tone, and playability that is on par with European instruments that cost far more.

The Hommage, and variations of it, have been used professionally by Jimmy Rosenberg, Boulou Ferre, Angelo Debarre, and many others. Great guitar!

'm
  • HereticHeretic In the Pond✭✭✭
    That's quite a statement, Michael. Thanks for the feedback. Does that go for both the D-hole and the oval-hole models? Is one more notable than the other?
  • EmmettRayEmmettRay Honolulu, Hawaii✭✭✭✭ Koa Iseman, AJL XO-503, Holo Busato
    I agree with Michael, though I'm FAR from an expert on this subject. There's a Dell'Arte Jimmy Rosenberg Model that I regularly use during jam sessions that plays and sounds like HEAVEN, along with a D hole Hommage American model. Unfortunately I don't own them but I'm thinking about taking the Rosenberg model off my friend's hands for about $2500, does that sound like a good deal to you guys? American Dell'Artes are GREAT guitars!
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    I have played some GREAT Dell Arte guitars (owned one..a D hole Anouman) and some mediocre Dell Arte guitars (sadly, I owned one of these too..a Jimmy Rosenberg...bought it long distance and learned a lesson. Thankfully it was used and I got my money out of it minus shipping costs).

Play before you buy.

Cheers,

Marc

www.hotclubpacific.com
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Heretic wrote:
    That's quite a statement, Michael. Thanks for the feedback. Does that go for both the D-hole and the oval-hole models? Is one more notable than the other?

Both are good...in general I like the D hole Hommages better. But everyone is different!

'm