DjangoBooks.com

How are you amplifying your acoustic guitar???

BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
Hi all,
I'm in need of a good guitar amp/PA to amplify my Dupont for gigs.
I was using a Schertler Basik pickup with a small Laney acoustic amp, but the amp just died on me at my last gig...
I'm mainly looking at the Schertler David and Unico but since they cost quite a bit of dough I'd like to know your opinion on the other available options, I'm talking about your basic Marshall/Roland/Fender acoustic amps and those small portable PA systems.

WHAT DO YOU USE?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Comments

I've used the Marshall (AD60 or something like that), and it's ok ... nothing special.

I now own the Unico. Marvelous amp. At first I wanted the David ... it was the first one I played and I fell for it. After a bit of research, I decided that the Unico offered a bit more flexibility for what I needed. I really wanted the portability that the David offered, but went with the Unico.

I also currently use a Mackie SRM150. Super light and very small, it's basically a micro PA/hot spot monitor. I use it certain settings where I don't have much stage space and I don't need to cover much sound space. Last week, I used it alone in a small coffee shop and it did just fine. I also use it as a monitor for the Unico when I play noisy wineries, restaurants, etc. So many cool applications for the Mackie. I'm digging it.
  • Pugs47Pugs47 New
    Hi Harry,
    I have been very pleased with my Roland AC-60 Acoustic Chorus amp. I've had it for over a year. It has two inputs, one 1/4 inch with a switch for magnetic or piezo pick-ups and another combo 1/4 inch/mic input with a feedback neutralizer. Plus reverb and chorus. It has a beautifully full and rich sound out of the two six inch speakers. The back has so many "Outs" it's amazing. I gone directly into a PA board with it and used it as a monitor at an outdoor concert venue last summer.
    I've put two miced acoustic guitars, a mandolin and a violin through a mixer into the two inputs at gigs the last two weekends with great results.
    I bought it at Guitar Center after finding an on-line advertised price of $375., which they matched. It retails for $600.
    Check it out, you'll be very surprised at the performance for the price.
    Ernie
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Harry...

You have a Dupont now - You don't need an amplifier anymore!

Just dig in harder with your right hand, man!

;)
    Mehran s
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • A.K. KibbenA.K. Kibben Tucson AZ USANew
    I second Ernie's recommendation of the AC60...
  • rinorino the Netherlands
    Buy a schertler david(not the unico) and a dyn-G transducer (great output)also from schertler and you have the best acoustic sound.
    Not cheap but the best for Selmer guitars if you don't want to play behind a microphone.

Rino