DjangoBooks.com

Paul Vernon Chester - UK Gypsy Jazz - CD - Duets for Django

Jazz EddieJazz Eddie OxonNew
edited January 2008 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 2
'Duets for Django' recorded at Live @ Concert Jazz In Thame on 14/03/07 (Paul's Birthday). This celebration may account for the Manouche Magic captured by Jake Kirkpatrick at this high Quality Jazz Venue in Oxfordshire. This High Quality Production gives great insight to Paul's compositions, faultless technique and ability to improvise inventively on a chord structure and his tender treatment of .slow tempo compositions. The attentive listening audience were so enraptured that their presence is only apparent in the enthusiastic applause at the end of each number. A must for Manoucheries - This is professional stuff - no Bootleg productions - all worthy of our Highest Standards.

Paul's Observations to Jake Kirkpatrick - Sound Engineer.
.Just to let you know how delighted we are with the final product. As anticipated the recording quality is top notch and the packaging looks great. Love the colour scheme. Nick's guitar works well for the tweaked volume. Notwithstanding the CD works really well. Many thanks for your hard work Jake and I feel we have a recording that truly reflects our performance ideals. It's only when you hear the audience at the end of each track you realise this is a live recording! I feel the same tension that I felt at the gig!
Very well done mate, you know your stuff. - Paul.

Track Listings are
Loverman
Douce Ambience
Chez Jacquet
Autumn Leaves
Lady Be Good
St Louis Blues
Mona Lisa
Blues en Mineur
Django's Waltz
Anouman
September Song
Minor Swing

Visit www.paulvernonchester.com if you wish to order copies of any of his CD's
Reviews
Many thanks for calling in with the CD, I am very impressed and is a great reminder of a great concert.- Martin
CD received. - I had expected it to be good, but I wasn't prepared for it to be quite so delightful as it is. Paul Vernon Chester is probably fed up with people paying extravagant compliments on his playing, I would be obliged if you would pass on my congratulations on a truly masterful example of the Manouche guitar style - John McCarte

Audience Appreciation.
Great gig much enjoyed by all - Ade

Great gig last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Jill

We thought last night's gig was absolutely fantastic! Well done you for getting such a magnificent duo to Thame....thank you so much. We wondered whether a recording was being made of the event, and if so, will it eventually be for sale, and by whom? We bought two CD's last night, but would love to have a 'live' one in our collection - Trude & Bernard
The concert last night was outstanding. Paul was such an unassuming guy but an incredible artist. We were all in awe of the performance and technical ability of the musician - you should be justly proud of presenting Jazz concerts of this quality; thank you. Tim bought me one of the CDs and I've just listened to it and want to find other CDs produced by Paul. - Sheila
just to say we really enjoyed the gig, has he ever played with Christian Garrick? That would be awesome! Salutations, Jules.

Comments

• PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Yes, Paul is a brilliant player, recall his great show at L'espirit Manouche 2003!...Cheers, Phil