DjangoBooks.com

Django in June 2008

jmcgannjmcgann Boston MA USANew
edited June 2008 in Mandolin Posts: 134
It's a go, June 10-15 2008, Smith College in Northampton, MA.

I will be back for the mando track. Some amazing players and teachers including Robin Nolan and his bass player Simon Planting, Matt Glaser, Gonzalo Bergera, Kruno, JP Watremez (author of the The Complete Django Reinhardt) and Michael Horowitz, among others are lined up for 2008.

Guru Andrew Lawrence says start saving up, practicing hard, and if you have to travel far, start walking :twisted:
www.johnmcgann.com

I've never heard Django play a note without commitment.

Comments

• JeePeeJeePee Belgium (Liège)New
    OK John. Tomorrow i start swimming across the ocean... where are the icebergs?
    :lol:
  • jmcgannjmcgann Boston MA USANew
    Just now there are a few to the west of Holland, and be very careful as you go past Greenland and again coming down through Labrador and Nova Scotia. You might want to rest awhile in Cape Breton and warm up. If you are a few days early, come to my house for some warm Sake! :P
    www.johnmcgann.com

• JeePeeJeePee Belgium (Liège)New
    Yeah ! Cool !

:? :lol::lol::lol:
  • chip3174chip3174 New
    Is there any idea what the tuition cost for django/june 2008 might be?
    sorry, i don't know, but Andrew Lawrence <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
    can give you the info.
    www.johnmcgann.com

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I'm working with Andrew this week to update the site for this year...there may be some small changes in the way people will register and pay, but overall I think it will be pretty similar to last year. I think there may some small changes in the overall cost and the 'weekend only' package, but Andrew is still working out the details. For an idea of last year's prices, look here. Stay tuned for more info!

best,
    Jack.
    I hear we have 5 registrants for mandolin, so come on down, be another one and join the party! We had a great time last year, it's a wonderful hang, excellent place to network, jam, and enjoy Northampton in the late Spring (there are botanical gardens on campus if you ever decide to put down your plectrum)...see you there!
    www.johnmcgann.com

T minus!!!
    www.johnmcgann.com

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    It's supposed to be 99 degrees in Northampton tomorrow! I may have to take a dip in the pond!!

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/U ... undeclared