DjangoBooks.com

Jimmy Rosenberg Documentary

13»

Comments

• pdaiglepdaigle Montreal, QCNew
    pdaigle wrote:
    It will be on the following DVD (not sure about subtitles, though):

http://jimmyrosenberg.nl/page2EN.html

I will try to upload the file later today.

I can not post the file on Google videos as the material is copyrighted. Sorry.
  • LarryLarry FinlandNew
    pdaigle wrote:
    It will be on the following DVD (not sure about subtitles, though):

http://jimmyrosenberg.nl/page2EN.html

Are you sure? Or is it just the concert?

The Paradiso concert will be released on the DVD Jimmy Rosenberg is Back (JRP1), release date to be announced soon.
  • pdaiglepdaigle Montreal, QCNew
    Hmmm...I believe you are right...my bad.

I got confused by the:
    with as a bonus the second camera material from the documentary shoot Jimmy gets out of jail, May 16th 2006.

Which is part of the longer documentary (first camera angle).

At the bottom of the page, there are links to buy the Dutch version of the DVD, not sure if you can find one with subtitles.
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    Would also love to have English subtitles on the video since I had to watch the whole thing without understanding anything except body language.
  • LarryLarry FinlandNew
    Rapidshare?
  • TonyReesTonyRees New South Wales, Australia

Just refreshing this thread after ?? years ... the documentary can be seen on youtube with English subtitles at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggM_hOXU4Kk ... up there since 2019. Not sure if there are outstanding or pending copyright issues but you can watch it for now at least.

Regards Tony

• RipRip olympia, washingtonNew

From what I've recently heard, I think you are right. Some people don't even feel safe being around him, like he might snap and pull a knife on you. I heard this from a credible source who played with him recently, lent him a guitar and never saw it again. With that said, he is my favorite GJ player and I would love to get him out here.

richter4208

What @Phil said all those years ago, I think it's the primary reason for his derailment:

and probably too high of expectations of him at such a young age

So many famous musicians died as young adults because they couldn't physically handle the stress of constant touring and pressures put on them. And then you put that burden on the shoulders of Jimmy who wasn't even a teenager when he started his professional career. He's lucky to still be around. Fingers crossed he's on the right at this point of his life. That show that was posted recently had a really good energy, that's hopeful.

billyshakesRip
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel