DjangoBooks.com

Lollo Meier masterclass in Rome

emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
edited November 2007 in Gypsy Jazz Italia Posts: 472
Hi to all,
I've talked to Lollo and Susan (his wife) and they are probably coming here in Rome in October. We are trying to organize a masterclass and we need to know how many people are interested, so please post here if you want to join the masterclass, how many hours do you prefer and your skill level.
I'm looking forward to seeing you in October.
:D

Comments

• tommasotommaso ROMA-ITALYNew
    Hey,
    this is really a great new! I was planning to go to Eindhoven next autumn to take lesson from Lollo, as Susan wrote me that he will start again to give lesson in september. But the fact that he will come to Rome, as you announce, is a better opportunity for me (and also less expensive...).
    So I would be very happy to partecipate!
    No limit to the hours for me (that is that I would take more lessons I can). Details should be defined (learning sessions, number of students etc.).
    My skill level : sufficient knowledge of jazz theory (tonal chord functions, good capacity in reading standard notation music as well as tab, some concepts in chord substitutions etc.)
    Relatively good technical playing (gypsy picking-rest stroke, chord progressions, arpeggios, some scales, etc., improvisation attempts.).
    Emiliano, this is a great initiative from you, and can contribute to overwhelm the lack of teaching GJ in Rome. Then go on in this project and I will be in the number.
    Thank you,
    ciao Tommaso
    Grazie Django!
  • emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
    Thanks Tommaso, I'm doing my best for the Rome scene and it's a pleasure.
    Soon I hope to have also Robin Nolan here, I must to talk with him to organize a masterclass.
    Bye.
  • hempbumphempbump florence, italyNew
    hi i write from florence and i am interested alot in a seminar by lollo. i played with him the first time in samois 2003. and was shocking. he just plays that clean simple fapy style i like so much.
    Welcome aboard, man. :D
  • GabrielGabriel New
    I'll be there for sure! I would like to make 48 hours on 48 hours if you make it a week-end! What a nice idea!

I'll be there for sure! I play not bad but I always play alone. I could say that I am from a level intermediate. I suppose...

YEHHHHH!

Gabriel
    There is a tour planned in October for Lollo, so they told me it's not possible to do the masterclass in Rome, but we'll talk about it as soon as possible.
    Post your partecipations here anyway.
    Bye.
    I have some news. Lollo is still thinking to come in Rome, but he's busy at the moment, the only possibilily now is from march 22th to april 6th. Another spot choice could be Bassano Teverina, but he's still waiting a response for the house. Here some info about the place, in italian:
    http://www.comune.bassanointeverina.vt.it/index.html
    http://www.viagginrete-it.it/ricezione. ... 20Teverina
    I have some news. Lollo is still thinking to come in Rome, but he's busy at the moment, the only possibilily now is from march 22th to april 6th. Another spot choice could be Bassano Teverina, but he's still waiting a response for the house. Here some info about the place, in italian:
    http://www.comune.bassanointeverina.vt.it/index.html
    http://www.viagginrete-it.it/ricezione. ... 20Teverina
  • tommasotommaso ROMA-ITALYNew
    Hi Emiliano,
    as I told before, I am very interested in this stage with Lollo, so please let me know the datails and consider my participation for sure.
    Thank you,
    Tommaso :D
    Grazie Django!
    Ok, just let me talk with him. :lol: