DjangoBooks.com

Jam in Salem MA

tim weedtim weed Los Angeles CANew
edited November 2007 in North America Posts: 10
So for those of you who where watching the red sox game and missed out on the jam in Boston last sunday night, I'm hosting another jam up in Salem on Friday night November 16th at the Gulu-Gulu in Salem MA!

It gets started at 8pm and we'll be there until 11pm. All are welcome. Hope you can make it out!

tim weed
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
Los Angeles CA

Comments

• robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    I'm looking forward to it, Tim. I haven't forgotten how the owner of the other Cafe Gulu-Gulu, in Lynn, described our music as "trumendous," as it truly is.

Also, I had a lot of fun at the session at Atwood's Tavern on Sunday. I was amazed at how appreciative the patrons were, applauding after every song even while engrossed in the Red Sox game.

-Rob
  • robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    The Salem session at café Gulu-Gulu was a lot of fun, and even though we had just short of a quorum (the bass player didn't show up for as yet undetermined reasons—possibly car trouble), it was well worth the drive. Even without bass we sounded good and got consistent applause from the ample crowd in attendance. We had guitars, violin, mandolin, and vocals courtesy of Tom Stewart and Mollie Malone. Mollie is a chantuese from the Boston swing scene with an ineffably beautiful voice who beguiled the crowd—and us—singing many of the songs in flawless French. Thanks go to Tim Weed and Jack Soref for this one.

-Rob