DjangoBooks.com

NEW POLL:WHAT DO YOU PLAY?

ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
edited October 2007 in Welcome Posts: 551
Very few of us have the opportunity to spend journeyman years playing rhythm for a great master (or anyone else) as part of their training. As a result we face the kind of specialty decisions players have been making for a long time with other types of music. Fortunately, due to the recent arrival of top quality learning material, this is much more possible than it ever was up to now. Still, everything takes time, especially to achieve the level of mastery Gypsy Jazz calls for. And so...

Comments

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    I've always been a rhythm player but I relish any opportunity that anyone gives me to take a solo. Not very many people in Portland like to let me take solos, probably because I sound terrible on lead, but I get better each time. It is a long slow journey to actually become a player.
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    I am as bad in rhythm as I am am in lead, but I feel that there is no good lead / solo player that isn't also a very good rhythm guitarist.
    That being said, some dedicated rhythm players can be really extraordinary. :wink:
    - JG