DjangoBooks.com

DFNW 2007 Vid on Youtube

Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
edited October 2007 in North America Posts: 1,252
Love it!

Jams, Classes, Interviews, Backstage... That's Portland BigBand guitarist turned Django-man Larry Munson starting at 48 seconds. If you think he's good on a Hommage, you should hear him on a prewar archtop...

Wonderful stuff except it sounded like some guy kept doodling around while LC was giving his class. Seriously dude, whomever you are, unless you're Andreas or Sebastian, there isn't anything you're going to teach yourself that's better than what you're going to learn from Coryell so listen up next time you shell out 50 quid to spend an hour with tha' man. I say that on behalf of all people who take these classes and the instructors who give them...

You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.

Comments

Looks like it was a blast!

Maybe next year ... !
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    Thanks so much for posting that! Wish I could have been there.
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Thanks for the video.
    Looks great! I hope I can be there next year...

And I see what you mean about the "Doodler" at LC class Bob, I ran across one of them at Angelo Debarre's workshop at DFLA, the guy kept trying to impress the master and wouldn't shut up... over half of the lesson was wasted on his egomaniacal wanking.