DjangoBooks.com

Stimer pickup issues

I used my stimer 48 this evening and loved the projection and warmth the only thing that bugged me was that the pickup after every song started to come loose from its lodging. A common issue? What can i use to keep it in place, it was really frustrating.
Currently-Gitane 250M
Previously-Gitane 255
Previously- Gitane D500

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    that has never happened to me...
    Maybe you can try wrapping masking tape or something around the clip to make it fit more snugly.
    Or you could try using a little putty (like the one that comes with schertler pickups) to make the pickup stick, and using that together with the clip.
    https://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/it ... putty.html
  • MontereyJacquesMontereyJacques ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011 Posts: 81
  • TenorClefTenorClef UKNew
    Hey thanks guys! Yeah i'll try that. I know the stuff from my old Dyn-G i sold on ebay. I'll have to buy another pot of the stuff. Just looks like blue tack though.
    Currently-Gitane 250M
    Previously-Gitane 255
    Previously- Gitane D500
  • badjazzbadjazz Maui, Hawaii USA✭✭✭ AJL
    another stimer question:
    I've never had the chance to play one, but they look and sound (at least on recordings) like they are very similar to a Dearmond FHC-type pickup. With the price of Dearmonds going through the roof and a risky ebay purchase, I was wondering if a stimer would be able to be put on an archtop. The st51 looks like you could stick it on with the putty, provided that the soundhole clip is removable. Does anybody have any experience with trying this or idea as to how it would probably turn out?