DjangoBooks.com

Saga Gitane Stephane Wrembel DG-340

ManoucheriesManoucheries Europe:Romania✭✭✭
I've found some pictures of this guitar so maybe some of you may want to take a look.I hope it will avaible soon in Michael's store...and maybe some opinions on this guitar
Thanks!!!

Comments

• TenorClefTenorClef UKNew
    The lack of dot markers makes this guitar look really classy. You don't see dot markers on a cello or double bass so why a guitar? This makes it look much more like a classical guitar, something to be taken serious. 8)

The silver stuff, not quite my cup of tea. I like to see brass and preferably brass that looks antiquated.
    Currently-Gitane 250M
    Previously-Gitane 255
    Previously- Gitane D500
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    What is that wedge at the top of the rosette made of? Looks like mother of pearl?

John
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I think it is mother-of-pearl, John. I remember Stephane saying once, "That's my trademark." I don't know what the production model will look like, but the prototype has a beautiful bear claw top. There are fret markers on the side of the neck, and the binding is wood. I'm guessing that the production model will have a plain top and plastic binding, but the mother-of-pearl, or a good looking fake will be in the rosette for sure.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • aceace Buffalo, NY✭✭✭✭
    I have been waiting for this guitar to be available.
    I played the prototype almost a year ago and loved it. The neck is great and the top had a huge arch. The best Gitane I've ever played. I just hope the production models are as good.
    Side dots are nice...9th or 10th fret marker? I think it may be the 10th.
    Thanks for posting. Let me know if/where you can buy one.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I'm pretty sure it's on the 10th fret. I'll look for sure next lesson.
  • ManoucheriesManoucheries Europe:Romania✭✭✭
    I don't think this will help but for more details look here(if you can understan something):
    you can buy one but the price...

http://www.gypsyguitar.de/cms/index.php ... 6&vmcchk=1
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    This model is not in production yet so I highly doubt any one has it for sale. If they do, it would have to be a proto-type.

I'm trying to find out the delivery date for this model...I asked last month and they had no idea, which usually means it'll be a while.
    Michael, I got an e-mail from Saga a month or two ago that said the guitar was "in production" and would be released for sale "late summer or early autumn". Stephane said they haven't told him anything either.
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    Hi folks, the Wrembel guitar IS in production right now and should be available after the summer. I've played Stephane's guitar as well as another prototype they made (there have only been two) and they were identical. The production model will be identical to Stephane's complete with wood binding and all. I think the binding is either Rosewood or Walnut though I can't remember but it's sexy looking either way. The bridge will be the same one that's on the black tuxedo Gitane. It's a great bridge. The neck profile is the same one the tuxedo has too. Very comfortable, thick but not too wide. This model and the tuxedo model are my two favorites so far. In terms of the more pronounced top arch, more neck angle, tall bridge, they really are very different than all the other models Gitane makes. My 2 cents.
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    Oh and one more thing, the fret marker is on the 10th fret like all the other oval hole Gitanes. Stephane's came that way but he had his changed to the ninth fret, go figure.
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone