DjangoBooks.com

Transcriptions of Stochelo master class

guit_boxguit_box New
edited April 2008 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 113
Does anyone know if these master class videos (that you can see on youtube ) came with transcriptions, and where I can get them? I'd specifically like to see a transcription of his version of Rhytme Futur, with his right and left hand fingerings/pick strokes.

Comments

• Kelly DowKelly Dow South Florida✭✭✭
    Yes, I would love to buy this too, is this available? do you know anything about this Micheal? I agree that accurate transcriptions would be very benificial to have as well.
  • RookieRookie Berlin, GermanyNew
    Could you post a link to the video(s), I can't find them on Youtube.

Thanks in advance.

GreetZ Rookie
    Wisdom hunts me, but I am faster...
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    That lesson comes from an issue of Acoustic guitarist (great french guitar magazine).
    I have it, unfortunately I`m out of town right now and I didn`t bring it with me...but if you can wait, I may be able to send it later, in about a couple of weeks.
    Anyway the transcriptions are very standard and not even exactly what Stochelo plays, also I don`t think picks strokes and fingerings are notated. So if you have a transcription book, like the ultimate django book you'll pretty much find the same stuff or better. The cool thing are the videos, you can really see what he`s doing and you`ll better off just learning straight from them.
  • guit_boxguit_box New
    Good point, I forget that it's wrong to assume the player in the lesson did the transcription. There is a similar lesson by Bireli in a guitar magazine that has wrong left hand fingerings.

Does anyone want to take a stab at the G7b9 lick? Everything else is pretty straightforward.

Also, the only version by Django that I have has that lick (which is not the same) played by clarinet. Does anyone know if there are other versions?
  • phil_gphil_g UKNew
    There is a really good powertab of this in the hotclub.co.uk powertab section
  • guit_boxguit_box New
    It is a pretty good transcription of Django's version. The notes in Stochelo's version are quite different though. I'm wondering if he created his own version or if there is another version by Django that he's basing his version on.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    guit_box wrote:
    Also, the only version by Django that I have has that lick (which is not the same) played by clarinet. Does anyone know if there are other versions?

There are at least two versions I can think of; one is from 40, and one from 47...hope that helps.

Best,
    Jack.

By the way, here's another from that session:
  • guit_boxguit_box New
    Can someone listen to the 1947 version and let me know if that is closer to what Stochelo is playing? I'm curious if that version is _all_ guitar.