DjangoBooks.com

PRICE DROP - For Sale: ZT Lunchbox Acoustic + Genuine ZT Carrying Bag – Excellent Condition

RexRex New
edited September 9 in Classifieds Posts: 3

For sale is a ZT Lunchbox Acoustic amplifier in excellent to near-mint condition. I purchased it new and have only used it twice.

Included:

  • ZT Lunchbox Acoustic amplifier
  • Genuine ZT carrying bag
  • Original power cord

Price: $350

Buyer pays shipping.

Please feel free to message me with any questions. Photos attached.

Buco
«1

Comments

  • paulmcevoy75paulmcevoy75 Portland, MaineNew
    Posts: 915

    paging @Buco (I just bought one on Reverb)

    Bucobillyshakes
  • Posts: 6,074

    You bought one too? The OP is a local friend, he's selling his backup Lunchbox (he's got a portable Bose amp and another ZT that he's keeping) which is practically new. As he said, he tried it out to make sure it works and then used his other amp to gig with. A great amp from the great guy.

    paulmcevoy75
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • paulmcevoy75paulmcevoy75 Portland, MaineNew
    Posts: 915
  • paulmcevoy75paulmcevoy75 Portland, MaineNew
    Posts: 915

    Turns out mine has a blown speaker. Oh well.

  • edited July 31 Posts: 6,074

    Bummer, sorry to hear that.

    You should return it and buy my friend's.

    If it's done deal then, I replaced the original speaker in mine (the buyer has the original speaker as well) with this one because I wanted a full range speaker:

    https://a.co/d/05OZFMNq

    It wasn't quite a drop in replacement, a touch of lip opening needed to be widened but it was a quick job. The specs are the same otherwise.

    But you should buy the one from the OP.

    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • paulmcevoy75paulmcevoy75 Portland, MaineNew
    Posts: 915

    Oh man that's good to know. The guy refused a return. Honestly I'd be happy to keep it if I could get it to work and I was wondering what speaker would fit as the size seems not standard.

    Did you have to route the opening in the amp?

    Is that the speaker that was in it at DIJ?


  • edited August 1 Posts: 6,074

    Yes, that's the speaker that was at the DiJ jam. It dropped in the opening, only the lip of the new speaker is only a 1/16 wider (that part of the cabinet where the lip of the speaker sits is recessed slightly so that it sits flush with the cabinet) so that part had to be widened a touch.

    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • RexRex New
    Posts: 3

    Price reduced to $350. Thanks for looking!

    Buco
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; JWC Catania Swing; Ibanez AFC151-SRR Contemporary Archtop
    Posts: 397

    Other than the obvious portability convenience, how does using this amp compare to using an AER compact amp, a small Henriksen, or a Schertler David. The most effective use of a Lunchbox (not acoustic version) amp I’ve seen is with an archtop electric.

  • edited September 24 Posts: 6,074

    Ok, I'll share it exactly how I felt...I asked Bill and borrowed his AER specifically to compare it with the Lunchbox. I played both back and forth at home and finished feeling that for me the AER didn't sound that much better to justify that big of a jump in price. I don't remember the specifics but I know I never heard a huge difference in quality of the amplified tone between the two. Remember that @billyshakes ? I think I was telling you the same thing back then...

    PS I was only using the built-in Manouche mic, it could be that the results would've been different comparing a condenser mic or a different pickup.

    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
Sign In or Register to comment.
Home  |  Forum  |  Blog  |  Contact  |  206-528-9873
The Premier Gypsy Jazz Marketplace
DjangoBooks.com
USD CAD GBP EUR AUD
USD CAD GBP EUR AUD
Banner Adverts
Sell Your Guitar
© 2026 DjangoBooks.com, all rights reserved worldwide.
Kryptronic eCommerce, Copyright 1999-2026 Kryptronic, Inc. - https://kryptronic.com/ [0.006303 / 1.052689]