Does anyone have a price range of what these sell for, typically? Say used but in excellent condition? Anyone play one and can comment on how they like it?
CraigHensleyMaine NewCyril Morin Special Chorus, Stringphonic Lang 1928
Posts: 115
Depends if it's a private seller or vendor. There was a private seller letting one go a few years ago for $3000. I see a used vendor price on another site for $4100. A brand new one is 4000 Euro plus import fees. I've never played one but they seem to be held in high regard.
I have one I got for 2400. I use it as my primary guitar. It was a 2003 model small oval hole. It's just fantastic all around. Do you have any specific questions?
I had a short scale 660mm Moustache (2009 model) that I picked up on Ebay in the UK for about £950 in 2018. It was a great guitar. Well built and loud with a great punchy mid range. It had the authentic gypsy jazz sound.
The neck was round and chunky which didn't suit everyone who played it.
I sold it on after a year for the same price as I wanted to get a full scale Gypsy Jazz guitar. Always looking for other Moustaches as they have an excellent reputation.
Hope this helps
GrimfanDjangoThousand Oaks,CaNew1996 Maurice Dupont MD50, 2014 Moustache Hybrid D-hole
edited October 2024Posts: 24
Sorry for posting on a stale thread, but I will answer for infiormation's sake. I paid $4200 USD from my 2014 SN#125( Hybrid D-hole+ long scale European spruce top, walnut neack, Mahogany w. Zebrawood veneer back and sides). It is an excellent guitar and has been my daily driver for almost 6 years now. I also own a 1996 Dupont MD50 which is nice but I honestly prefer the Moustache. Great sound, very playable and is quite light. That said I ahve seen used ones similar to mine listed for betweeen $3800 and $4100 on Reverb
Comments
Curious about that as well.
Depends if it's a private seller or vendor. There was a private seller letting one go a few years ago for $3000. I see a used vendor price on another site for $4100. A brand new one is 4000 Euro plus import fees. I've never played one but they seem to be held in high regard.
Thanks for those links - the first one as listed for just over $1,000 - what a deal that was!
Yes it was a good price for that one, though it probably needed some adjustment - looking at the photos, it appears the action is at 0mm!
I have one I got for 2400. I use it as my primary guitar. It was a 2003 model small oval hole. It's just fantastic all around. Do you have any specific questions?
I had a short scale 660mm Moustache (2009 model) that I picked up on Ebay in the UK for about £950 in 2018. It was a great guitar. Well built and loud with a great punchy mid range. It had the authentic gypsy jazz sound.
The neck was round and chunky which didn't suit everyone who played it.
I sold it on after a year for the same price as I wanted to get a full scale Gypsy Jazz guitar. Always looking for other Moustaches as they have an excellent reputation.
Hope this helps
Sorry for posting on a stale thread, but I will answer for infiormation's sake. I paid $4200 USD from my 2014 SN#125( Hybrid D-hole+ long scale European spruce top, walnut neack, Mahogany w. Zebrawood veneer back and sides). It is an excellent guitar and has been my daily driver for almost 6 years now. I also own a 1996 Dupont MD50 which is nice but I honestly prefer the Moustache. Great sound, very playable and is quite light. That said I ahve seen used ones similar to mine listed for betweeen $3800 and $4100 on Reverb
Hey Grim, I'll take that spare Md50 off your hands.