DjangoBooks.com

Amati Schmitt's f-hole guitar

Anyone know what f-hole guitar Amati Schmitt is playing in this and other videos? Sounds great (of course it's the player, but . . . .). Any chance it's Leo Eimers' "Amati" model?

billyshakes

Comments

• rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100

I think I've read it's a Rodrigo Shopis. I don't know the exact model.

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

I don't know the answer, but suspect rudolfochrist is correct. Here's an old thread that shows him playing another Shopis model (petite bouche).

Just looking at the guitars, I see the unique inlay both above the nut and the half-moon below the 0 fret as well being present on the OPs guitars. Plus the tailpiece looks the same on the Baroette as on this F-hole. Not definitive proof, but I'd say good enough for me. I don't see any of those features on the Eimers model.

rudolfochrist
  • juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O

It is a Shopis. I've been in love with that guitar since I first saw it.

Totally unrelated but wow, Amati's got fantastic technique - no wasted motion at all

wimrudolfochrist
  • pdgpdg ✭✭

No kidding!

• PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio

Does anyone have a grille they can share for Miro Django?

Cheers Phil

• richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022 Posts: 521

More or less.....I'm not great at IReal charts, but it was good practice.

Buco
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio

Thanks!!🙂

To my ear, the second bar is Em. At least I think the bass is playing E note. Although in the second A section I like how G is pushing the harmony forward. I'd probably play it like that if I were to play it with the band. Also in the first ending, even though C#7 is correct, Fdim harmony sounds nicer to me.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022 Posts: 521

nice Buco! I think you are right about the Em, I'm playing an Em6 voicing (G in the Bass voicing) and thinking of it as G6. It's fun how you can grow a larger awareness of the song by trying to figure it out yourself and listening to bass notes and elements of melody to further suggest harmony.

I might edit the pdf above after playing thru it a couple times

Buco