DjangoBooks.com

New Accordina!!!

cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭
in Welcome Posts: 191

Now is a great time (if in the US) to order an Accordina from Marcel Dreux (www.accordinas.com) thanks to the parity between the Dollar and the Euro. I ordered one of his Signature Ludovic Beier models along with a copy of Ludovic's tutorial method. The cost was under $2200 including shipping. I rounded it up to that amount for simplicity.

Payment from my bank to his was very easy using Xoom, a PayPal subsidiary. Note that his listed website prices include European Union VAT which is not charged when ordered from the States (though there may end up being a customs charge). Thus contact him for a final price.

This model that Ludovic helped design follows similar lines as the original Borel accordinas, including weighing just 1000 grams. Ludovic told me at DjangoFest 2019 that the Binchi stainless steel reeds need to be played in and that one need not hold back, unlike the old brass reeds found on an original Borel.

I did see an original Borel go for auction recently. Someone got if for only 300 Euro but there was no way to tell if it was entire on the inside, etc.

Marcel said that he is well stocked with reeds and all other supplies to make these, and that it would be month or less before mine was shipped. He has now made over 1200 of these wonderful instruments!

Comments

• everetteverett san francisco✭✭✭

I have an A04 accordina and love it. I am a bit curious about Ludovic's model, or any of the signature models, because you can actually bend the notes, so it sounds more harmonica than bandoneon.

Not sure if I'd like that or not? The one mechanical issue I have is that the lower reeds are difficult to get a sound out of at times. I actually have to attack the note very softly and then increase the air volume, otherwise, if I come into a low not with full dynamic forte, it just gets blocked up..

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

@everett You know Ludovic will be at the Freight and Salvage, Friday, July 29, 2022 @everett 8:00PM.

• cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭

Sigh... I didn't even know they were on tour. Bellingham just north of me this Saturday, and Portland south of me on Sunday. Unfortunately, I am still avoiding concert venues, especially as we are in a big wave up. Hopefully they will all come back to DjangoFest one of these years!

• everetteverett san francisco✭✭✭

I'll be in Mexico then @jonpowl , but it should be a great show! I think Michael Joseph Harris is on the road with them as well.