DjangoBooks.com

Tuners repair vs upgrade on Altamira-like guitar

Hi all! I recently bought this "LeGrand" guitar which very much looks like an Altamira guitar and seems to mount (see attached pic) exactly these Altamira tuners: https://www.****.com/product-p/agjdgptm.htm. Now, two of the buttons broke and have been replaced with plastic ones. Since the Gypsy Jazz Deluxe tuners by Altamira in the link above are just 50 USD, I thought about buying one to replace the buttons, but maybe I should directly upgrade the tuners? Any advice/opinion? :) Thanks!

Comments

• ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar

If it were me, I’d leave well enough alone. If the tuners are working fine, then just replace the buttons to match, or not. I doubt if anyone notices.

littlemarkBillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakes
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

I second Chiefbigeasy as far as leaving well enough alone. Micheal H. has a set of Gitane tuners. It looks like StewMac has tuners and knobs.

• charliezcharliez New

Thanks for the advice @Chiefbigeasy and @jonpowl! I am going to stick to minimal changes then (i.e., replace the knobs).

BillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakes
  • BonesBones Moderator

Stew mac sells replacement buttons

charliez