DjangoBooks.com

Duved in Chicago?????

1cutaway1cutaway New
in North America Posts: 19

Word on the street is Duved Dunayevsky is going to be in Chicago 25 & 26 May (this week - in real time). Does anyone know where? Other details? Looks like he's doing a whole spin around the Midwest with some cabaret circus theater in Wisconsin to boot - THAT would be perfect but I need to stay local. First helper gets a beer on me!

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

Wed 25th is at The Little Gem Cafe

Thu 26th is at Hexe Coffee

I think they both start at 7ish

• 1cutaway1cutaway New

WOOP! Thanks brother! Might go to both but Hexe is closer to me. If you're going, I'll make good on that beer or whatever your having :-)

Yeah I'll probably go to Hexe but not the Gem. I'll take 1 beer for each "?" in your post, that makes seven.

jonpowlrudolfochristBillDaCostaWilliams
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15

now to get them from Chicago to Cleveland in time for their show here...

wim
  • 1cutaway1cutaway New

His partner in crime for this gig Dan Garlitsky said the gem on 25th but he can't remember where on the 26th so maybe that's Hexe. I love how this whole thing is like a game of 'Telephone' :-) I'll call both and get the skinny. Should have played Green Mill and gotten it right!

• geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503
  • tomcunntomcunn ✭✭✭

is there a wisconsin component? would travel to chicago but wont be back in the neighborhood until late thursday

• ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar

Wish I knew what it took to get these guys to visit New Orleans, birthplace of Louis Armstrong, and a thriving music town. Gypsy Jazz Allstars did a couple of sets at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival a few years ago, but no other big names come through here. Russell Welch lives and plays here, though, and there are a few manouche style players who work in other similar style bands. I’m fortunate enough to have found some other players at my own level or above, including a fantastic button accordion player who brings the bal-musette magic to the mix.

WillieAndrewUlle