DjangoBooks.com

Eastman DM1 SOLD

constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
edited May 2022 in Classifieds Posts: 485

Up for sale is my modified eastman dm1.

This baby has a good pickup, is gig ready and includes a heavy duty Eastman gig bag with one inch of padding.  Guitar plays easily and sounds great. Excellent range and gypsy "snap". As we all know the chinese selmers need quite a bit of work to be playable and gig ready so I have purchased all of these mods for you. PM me for shipping info and your state.

Upgrades

Frets levelled - $100

Setup & Action height adjusted (2.5mm butter !) - $30

Hand made Rosewood Bridge to replace basic stock bridge - $75

Vintage Pickguard - $30 (not necessary but just cool)

Internal K&K Definity Pickup (Made for GJ) which mounts under bridge thru to an endpin jack (no ugly wires!) - $125

There are signs of use, only blemish is a chip by the endpin jack where it was touched up. BTW - this brand supports the use of a Stimer pickup - there is no brace in the way like there is with Altamira m01s (at least the one's I've seen).

Comments

• krzyskrzys New

Very cool. Did you make the pickguard yourself or order it?

• constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos

Cant order these, they have to be hand made.

Lmii sells the material

• casscass Pennsylvania New AJL XO, DuPont MD100, Gitane DG255

How do you like the K&K Definity compared to other types of pickups?

• lorenzoplorenzop New

I like how this sounds (Eastman DM-1) . . . enjoy watching as well. I assume he's noodling and not playing a specific tune.

I'd like to play like this - but my fingers feel like hotdogs in comparison . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJo6cm9dW4M

@cass

I've tried all of the pickups and for Pure Acoustic sound have settled on the K&K definity. One neat feature is that when installed correctly the very bottom of the bridge is supposed to touch the top of the transducer. This helps to produce a lot of volume and a very low feedback ratio. Pretty good bang for the buck too when you're talking about other soundboard transducers up in the $300 range. I personally think that the ischells are the best but since I blend a stimer into my sound along with the K&K I don't really need an ischell. I tried the Carlos and the manouche transducers but still liked my k&k better. If you have a good amp like an AER then you don't need a preamp either.

BucocassBillDaCostaWilliams