DjangoBooks.com

And Now For Something Completely Different - I'll See You In My Dreams

geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503
in Welcome Posts: 459

Anyone with young kids knows how hard it is to find time to do anything, much less guitar practice time. A couple weeks ago, I discovered that I can practice on my travel guitar while on my exercise bike. This is a game changer for me. I get a couple more hours of practice time each week this way.

I thought I would record myself practicing Django's version (using just two fingers on the left hand) of I'll See You In My Dreams this morning. 

rudolfochristBillDaCostaWilliamsBucoMondoslugbillyshakesvanmalmsteenBonesVebjørn

Comments

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Impressive!

Thinks: wonder how I can adopt this for my morning 3 km run through the pine forest.

Already look a bit weird with my mask on when I'm jogging, my travel guitar might be an artifact too far ...

Bucobillyshakes
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    edited July 2021 Posts: 337

I was practising ukulele while driving on my way to work one day, but the looks I was getting on the freeway were brutal

• AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15

you should pedal to the beat, 4 revs per measure! 😂

geese_comwim
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Unless he prefers a half time feel to increase his riding tempo! Or even just straight eighths...

geese_com
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Why do I have this cycling scene in my head??!!

On another note, we used to practice memorizing important emergency procedures by doing other things such as throwing and catching a ball while recalling the memory items. I don't know how much pure exercise you will get here, but trying to perform the song while doing another task such as this will certainly help replicate playing with distractions, etc.

BucoWillievanmalmsteen
  • geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

I have noticed that I usually pedal around 60 bpm then when I increase the resistance it goes down to around 40 bpm.

I kind of feel like a drummer "playing" one thing with my lower body and "playing" something else with my upper body.

It is a real trip playing rhythm along with a song while my legs are doing something completely different at a different tempo.

• geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503
    edited July 2021 Posts: 459

Here's how the song turned out at the gig later that day. Needs more work but I made it through playing it live in front of a crowd for the very first time.

WilliebillyshakesvanmalmsteenBillDaCostaWilliamsAndrewUlleBucoMondoslugrudolfochristjonpowlMichaelHorowitzand 1 other.
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15

Great job - makes me smile just listening!