DjangoBooks.com

Scam posts?

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
in Welcome Posts: 2,159

There are lots of new posts here that look really fishy (practicing violin in NYC, selling an SRV strat, asking the name of an anime song?? ). The authors all have that one post and that's it. I wonder if this is some kind of new scam. What's the purpose?

Well.. here's a random Bireli video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUTzpm0feC0

StringswingerBonesBillDaCostaWilliamsBuco

Comments

• StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore

That was the best spam post ever! I am way more apt to purchase a Bireli video than an SRV Strat myself.

Question for Denis: After filming that Bireli video (and all the other Bireli video's you have produced), did you entertain any thoughts of giving up playing the guitar? Asking for a friend 😀

"When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    edited March 2021 Posts: 6,152

@dennis Yes, I noticed as few of these strange posts. I'm not sure what their endgame is as they're not the typical spammers who embed links. I banned the violin guy and the SRV seller. Where is the post for the anime song?

Thanks!

'm

Violin players, you've just been put on notice!

rudolfochrist
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited March 2021 Posts: 3,319

That strat looked pretty cool but I bet the shipping from Nigeria would be a deal breaker. :-) JK

• PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio

What make of guitar is Bireli playing...is that a Tremblay?

• PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio

Is that a Tremblay guitar Bireli's playing? Who currently owns it?

Cheers Phil

• juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O

I think that is, indeed, a Tremblay commissioned by Bireli after being impressed by Denis' guitar. I'd assume he still owns it but don't quote me on that.

• juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O

Speaking of scam posts, I noticed a new one about 2 minutes practice or something. 😜

TwangrudolfochristBucobillyshakesWillieAzazzellBones

Did you see the angle with a free trial!? The nerve that guy has...

juandererWillieBillDaCostaWilliamsAzazzellBones
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel