DjangoBooks.com

Holovaty-Brouwer-Stevens live set on Dutch program

adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
edited November 2020 in Welcome Posts: 542

Hi all — my trio had the pleasure of playing on the long-running Dutch program "Vrije Geluiden," and video of our 20-minute set was just posted:

Rhythm guitar: Jan Brouwer. Bass: Jet Stevens.

Hope you enjoy,

Adrian

peterjaMichaelHorowitzPetrovdjazzyBonesgeese_comChristopheCaringtonDjangheureuxJosechikyAzazzelland 10 others.

Comments

• ChristopheCaringtonChristopheCarington San Francisco, CA USANew Dupont MD50, Stringphonic Favino, Altamira Chorus

Sounding great Adrian (set and cinematography are also great!)

On a side note, do you know any way to buy copies of performances by chance?

Te gek man, heel leuk! Very relaxed, fresh and consistent, no overused Django tricks anywhere, wow!

As a Programmer you had to have Jan Bro(u)wser in your Band of course:)

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

Very nice set Adrian. You can tick "play the Super Mario Bros 2 theme on national television" off the crazy bucket list of life 😁

• edited November 2020 Posts: 4,730

Adrian, your next business venture should be Adrian H action figures.

PS just finished watching. What a great band you have there. And the sweetest ending to the show. Bravo to you guys!

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Nice playing and super-tasteful repertoire - really enjoyed hearing Twilight Time and This is All I Ask.

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

Marvellous!

And what a great choice of repertoire... I love those semi-obscure Tin Pan Alley songs like “Beautiful girls, walk a little slower...” ...can’t presently remember the actual title...

...it is perfect example of one of those tunes seldom enough played that it makes the audience go, “Oooh, what is that tune?”

And what a great solo finish... Adrian, you are one heck of a fingerpicker, somewhere Django must be jealous.

Your fan,

Will

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Yes, love the Peace on Earth choice as the finale. What a poignant selection. That it was performed flawlessly only adds to the mood.

• BonesBones Moderator

I like the Tears version with the Como Una Flor rhythm

wimChristopheCarington
  • nomadgtrnomadgtr Colorado Bumgarner, Marin, Holo, Barault

Very tasty!