DjangoBooks.com

What do you think of this tailpiece ?

1235»

Comments

By the way I just realized how easily you can turn a ball end string into a loop end (not that anybody else needs that...) since this tailpiece is made for loop end only. You just loop the string through the ball.

billyshakeswimBillDaCostaWilliams
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

On some guitars that I built I used a height-adjustable tailpiece, which allowed one to affect both the feel (stiffness vs. suppleness) and the tone/volume (due to the load on the top).

@pdg you are outside of the box kind of thinker too, your pluggable small soundholes definitely worked. That's how I met Jeremy, as he was carrying the guitar down the hallway, I exclaimed "dude is that a Gruen?!". Playability wise that was one of the best guitars I ever played. Incredibly low action and no buzz with good volume and tone. Some of headliners were curious and wanted to try it but then couldn't put it down and would jam on a several songs with it. Joscho was one of them too.

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

You bent your G string up from A to B... at the second fret?

Wow. That’s crazy...

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Only for you Will haha. But not on G, I broke two more trying to record a video. Look how supple these low strings are. Then I bent E to F# on D

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

Buco, smart thinking with ball/loop end trick.

Buco
    always learning