DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz Guitar by Ian Cruickshank

dceakin14dceakin14 New Martin
in Gypsy Picking Posts: 1

I am looking for a copy of dvd or vhs copy of Gypsy Jazz Guitar by Ian Cruickshank. Can anyone help me find one?

Comments

• scotscot Virtuoso

PM sent

I am looking for a copy of this as well. Mine went missing recently and I was in the middle of working on some of the material. Anyone know where I can get this?

• vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M

That was one of the first books on the subject of GJ that I was ever able to get my hands on, maybe 20 years ago. Great book. The pictures in it are really great too!

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

Yes, Ian's book was one of the first of its kind and very useful, but the original post was asking about his video.

I still have the VHS tape somewhere too, if I can find it I will see if I can get it transferred to DVD.

willieguitar
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M

ohhhhh, I should’ve looked at that a little closer. Boy, a Cruickshank DVD sounds awesome !

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

I still have the VHS tape somewhere too, if I can find it I will see if I can get it transferred to DVD.

I found my VHS tape also. Sorting the legacy technology to digitize it is likely to take me some time so please keep us posted on progress your end Chris.

That would be amazing! I would love to get a copy of that when you get it done, and also the little booklet that came with the vhs was great too.

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

Hah, yes. But first I have to find it. Then find someone who can do the transfer but yes, it has been a long time since I watched it and I have learned a lot since so I will probably appreciate it more now; to be honest, until I saw this post I had forgotten I had it, and I have not had a VHS player since I moved to Australia so the last time I watched it must have been before 2003.

• TonyReesTonyRees New South Wales, Australia

Hi Chris, I am also in Oz (northern NSW) and have the gear to do a transfer VHS -> DVD (and/or digital file) if you are interested - sent me an email (tonyrees49 [at] gmail.com) if you want me to do this for you (and you do not mind sending the tape through the mail...)...

edited October 2020 Posts: 959

Sounds like a good idea, except I don't know how long it will be before I find it. Whatever old VHS tapes I kept are in a crate in storage somewhere, could be in the shed, the garage or the back room and I suspect will take a while to locate. I know it is with a couple of other rarities, including Roy Buchanan demonstrating a new custom Telecaster and showing off and some home movies. Believe it or not since we moved here from England there are shipping boxes we still have not opened in 17 years.

I have made a note to get back to you when I do find it though.