DjangoBooks.com

Ivanovski guitar at a bargain price!

Hi all,
I was planning to buy a luthier guitar in the range of price of 1000$. I could not find anything until I found this link:

http://cgi.ebay.it/NEW-Django-gypsy-Selmer-Maccaferri-jazz-guitar-DEAL_W0QQitemZ180007931878QQihZ008QQcategoryZ2385QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What do you think? Is there anybody who knows Ivanovsy guitars? I've read a lot of him and it seems that his guitars are good.
Any comment, suggestion or info is greatly appreciated.
Tommaso :?:
Grazie Django!

Comments

• Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
    The only things I've ever heard about them are from the guy who sells them on Ebay (who gives them a raving review, of course).

Charlie
  • tommasotommaso ROMA-ITALYNew
    Thanks for your reply Charlie.
    I have visited his web page at :
    http://www.ivanovskiguitars.com.mk/

What do you think of his products?

Bye,
    Tommaso
    Grazie Django!
  • BILLKBILLK New
    They are great guitars. I own two d holes. My non-cutaway sounds better and louder than the cutaway. While the budget model is not the most elegant looking thing, the sound quality is superior to Dell Arte. My premium model looks beautiful and sounds nice but is not as loud is the budget non-cutaway. I am happy to endorse his instruments and will use the non-cutaway exclusicvely if I find the right pick-up. (never tried an oval hole though) As the guy's ad says, they are much better than the Gitanes. I can send you sound clip if you like. I'd be happy to tell you everything I know about Risto and get you any other info you like. Beware: I'm not a gypsy player at all. I just love D hole guitars!

Bill Knox
    www.thesprigs.com
  • Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
    Hi Tommaso:

I shouldn't have posted such a flippant remark; they may be very nice guitars. The ebay seller's approach is just a bit strong for me. I'll take a look at that website.

Charlie
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    BILLK wrote:
    They are great guitars. I own two d holes. My non-cutaway sounds better and louder than the cutaway. While the budget model is not the most elegant looking thing, the sound quality is superior to Dell Arte. My premium model looks beautiful and sounds nice but is not as loud is the budget non-cutaway. I am happy to endorse his instruments and will use the non-cutaway exclusicvely if I find the right pick-up. (never tried an oval hole though) As the guy's ad says, they are much better than the Gitanes. I can send you sound clip if you like. I'd be happy to tell you everything I know about Risto and get you any other info you like. Beware: I'm not a gypsy player at all. I just love D hole guitars!

Hi Bill,

I wonder if you could post a sound clip here on the forum? I ask because musicians who don't play much gypsy jazz often have different ideas of what sounds 'best' in these guitars (from your site I see you play a lot of Irish music, which calls for a different sound), and what sounds perfect in one context might seem off in another. Are there specific Dell Artes or Gitanes you're comparing the Ivanovski against?

Sláinte!
    Jack.
  • BILLKBILLK New
    I initially tried to post a sound clip but kept getting an install active x prompt? anyways, write me directly with your email and I'll clip you.
    I've been playing professionally for 15 years and know what makes just about any guitar sound good. Risto's guitars sound just as good or better in all respects than guitars like Dunn or Dupont, etc. I've been a D hole nut for about 4 years now, trying and/or owning just about every mark under the sun. These guitars are at the top of my list. I know lots of gyspsy jazzheads and I know they seek the same qualities in a guitar that most most do. Nothing too specific about hat concept in my opinion.
  • BILLKBILLK New
    BTW,

THat ebay seller goes way way way overboard in my opinion. He needs to take a couple marketing classes IMO. Almost looks like one of those lose 100 lbs in a week late night commericials after a Jerry Springer repeat or even worse...snake oil.

But.... I read his ad and it's fairly accurate. The materials used are great. The maker only needs to improve small cosmetic details taht do not affect the sound box. Again, the sound is huge and a bargain the price.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Bill, I was just wondering what kind of experience you'd had with 'gypsy' guitars-it sounds like you've had quite a bit. I agree about the ebay seller; I think he's probably driving off more people than he's drawing in.

Best,
    Jack.