DjangoBooks.com

BOOK ALERT! Stochelo Rosenberg book

Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
edited October 2005 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 589
I've just received some good news about the long-awaited Stochelo Rosenberg Book. The book, which has been in the works for two years, is slated to be available this summer and advanced-orders will be taken very shortly -- as early as later this week!

And, sit down for this one folks: Plans are being made for Stochelo to come to the USA this year to conduct workshops based on his book!

Here are the details:

Name of the book:
-- "Stochelo Rosenberg." It will be a hardcover book, similar in style and size to Francois Charle's "The Story of Selmer Maccaferri Guitars." The book will also come with a special CD (See below).

What will it contain?
-- The book begins with a look at the personal and professional life of Stochelo Rosenberg. It also contains a chapter on Mario Maccaferri (with new pictures I believe); a look at the important guitars in Stochelo's life--from his first childhood guitar to his current Eimers guitars; a diagram of the Rosenberg family tree; and an extensive interview with Stochelo about his playing style with break-down discussions about right-hand picking techinques, etc. Most of the photos are in color and contain rare family photos, personal photos and photos provided by close associates of the Rosenberg family. Many have never been previously published.

Number of pages:
-- The book contains approximately 200 pages. 130 pages contain text and photos; 60 pages contain printed scores and guitar tabulature to five new songs Stochelo composed and recorded specifically for this book.

Languages:
-- The book will be published in Dutch, English, French, and German.

What about the CD?:

-- Stochelo composed and recorded five new titles specifically for this book. Three versions of each of these songs will be on the CD. They include 1) the full-band recording; 2) a rhythm-section only recording; and 3) a solo-section only recording (so you can clearly hear his solo work when deciphering the scores or tabulatures).

Advanced-order BONUS!:

First, I will announce the website for this book as soon as I hear that it's up and running. Advanced-orders will need to be made at the website.

People placing advanced-orders will get a lot of extra goodies, to include:

-- A numbered edition, autographed by Stochelo Rosenberg.
-- A special Wegen pick designed for and as used by Stochelo Rosenberg (black, with an indent on the top, and an imprinted "SR" shield)
-- Three additional tracks on the CD! Two tracks by Wasso Grunholz who was Stochelo's guitar teacher, and the first song ever recorded by Stochelo when he was a teenager (approx. 1986).

I will let you know as soon as I hear the website is up -- so keep posted.

A.E.

Comments

• Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    The website for the Stochelo Rosenberg Book is up folks!

Go to www.stochelorosenberg.com for pictures and added details. The cost for is 75 Euros (about $96 U.S. at current exchange rates)

By the way, there will only be 750 "special" advanced-order copies with Stochelo's signature, the extra CD songs, and the special Wegen pick.

A.E.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    i ordered my copy this morning... i bought it mainly for the recordings and pictures.... 90 Euros :roll: :roll:
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    -- Three additional tracks on the CD! Two tracks by Wasso Grunholz who was Stochelo's guitar teacher, and the first song ever recorded by Stochelo when he was a teenager (approx. 1986).

I will let you know as soon as I hear the website is up -- so keep posted.

Wow!...Sounds great 'Arch'
    Wasso is indisputedly a genius of the old school.
    His waltzes are to die for..
    Just finished learning 'Wasso Waltz' in Tcha Limberger's arrangement.(ie. from the horse's(Wasso's) mouth(he's Tcha's uncle)
    Jimmy R. and Yorgui also recorded it i think.
    It's like 'Montagne St.Genvieve' with attitude :-)
    Can't wait!
    Stu
  • ramsezazramsezaz Paris, FranceNew
    Just ordered it !
    I hope the French translation of the book will be better than the french translation of the website :)
    my order number is 199 ! I hope it's a global number so that i'll have the collector edition :)
    my lutherie blog : http://ramsezaz/blogspot.com
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    rats i don't know what number I have but i ordered it early this morning, right after archtop eddy announced it...

i had been checking stochelorosenberg.com almost every day since september 2004.... mary told me the book was actually ready then, i wonder if her passing had anything to do with the delay.

Stu, Paulus Schafer also recorded the waltz, the CD is available at Michael's site...

I am unfamiliar with Tcha's version, can you tell us where we can find a CD with the tune? or better yet everything that prominently features Tcha?

I'm only aware of 2 CDs (Kalinka and De Piotto's), also saw some Koen De Cauter CDs in belgium that featured him but they didnt look too interesting to me...

last friday patrick saussois told me he just released a disc 2 weeks ago with tcha and fapy
  • SoulShadeSoulShade NW Ohio, USANew
    What's the latest with this book?
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    The book was released this summer. I know that many people have received their copies; I thought Michael was going to get some for sale here at Djangobooks. (Michael, do you have anything you can share on this?)

A.E.