DjangoBooks.com

The curse of the play along CD...

13»

Comments

This thread is pretty old, but I wanted to share a technique I discovered for getting high-quality slow-downing from Audacity.

You can use the "Change tempo" tool, but that results in distortion.

Instead, use the "Sliding Time Scale/Pitch Shift" tool. To slow down 25%, use these values:

• Initial Tempo Change: -25
    • Final Tempo Change: -25

Here's a sample:

Buco
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭

Wow Chris, that does sound super crisp and clear at that slow tempo. I agree about the distortion using other tools. I'd like to try this.

So I tried your tip Chris. It took my a bit to get everything working as I had never used Audacity. The audio is infinitely cleared using that tool. Thanks! Its audio only right? No way to use this with video as well?

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

No way to use this with video as well?

Don't think Audacity handles video.

However Transcribe does - I have found it worth the $39

https://www.seventhstring.com/

Oh yes transcribe! I wonder if it has this cool feature Chris demonstrates audacity having? It really sounds way clearer. A good tool for those scratchy Django recordings

• bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

I've been able to translate video from mp4 and mov formats into audacity pretty well actually, but it only works with the audio (I.e. you won't see the vid, just hear the sounds).

• ChristopheCaringtonChristopheCarington San Francisco, CA USANew Dupont MD50, Stringphonic Favino, Altamira Chorus

If you install the FFMpeg library, you can import MP4 video files directly into Audacity. Audacity has a wiki and steps on how to do this very easily.

I personally use an unlocked version of Riffstation, which the technology now powers Fender's "slow-downer" technology (among a lot of other things it does). You may be able to find an installer by Googling it.