DjangoBooks.com

faithfully occurring Gypsy Jazz Jam near you?

2»

Comments

• bohemewarblerbohemewarbler St. Louis, MO✭✭✭✭ Jordan Wencek No.26, Altamira M01D-12 fret

Considering that there have been more than 300 views on this post as of February 14, it appears that there aren't that many regularly occurring GJ jams. I hope there are many more that are under the radar of Djangobooks forum.

JHAnchors
  • cavemusiccavemusic Edmonton, Alberta 2010 JWC Modele Jazz, 2015 Jean Barault Grande Bouche with resonator, 1947 Kay upright bass, Django finger puppet

We've been hosting a djam one Sunday a month in Edmonton, Alberta for about four years. We have a regular core group of about eight players, and lately the numbers have been up around 10-14. We welcome beginners, advanced and listeners too. Send me a note if you're in the area.

Kevin
  • mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

There have been a few posts in Washington state looking for players, my own post included (Seattle/Tacoma players?), and there doesn't seem to be anything, or at least anything regular. The traffic is probably too bad for people to get anywhere...

• richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭

The thing about a good jam is once you have one in place you rarely want to advertise it because that can upset the balance. Its not like you never have other people come, its just usually out of town visitors who know one of the jammers etc. Open jams are totally different. We have one in Portland at Ruse Brewery. Anything goes there and all are welcome.