DjangoBooks.com

Moignard lick

2»

Comments

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    I'm working on some tab-sharing software that's intended to solve this exact problem, so stay tuned! And email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> if you want to get early access to play around with it.

Adrian
  • spirospiro Zagreb, CroatiaNew
    I have no problem with playing these up-sweeping of his, though i usually play only rest stroke.

What is really hard for me when trying to play Moignards solos is usage of pinky finger. I use it a lot in phrases in which he and most top players never use it.

For example, first phrase of his solo 1:29-1:32, on 1st string, cromatic line. Here, i use small finger a lot.

------------------------------3--6-5-4-3--6--4-------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------5--------------------------6--4--------------------------------------------
    -----------------3--6---------------------------------------6--5---------------------------------
    ----------2--5-----------------------------------------------------5-5--5-------------------------
    -4-2-3----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 1 2 1 4 1 4 3 1 4 3 2 1 4 2 4 2 4 3 4 4 4

I think I play whole last part of this phrase with "wrong" fingerings.

Can someone edit right fingerings? this would be really helpful for me.

After playing this way, i start losing power in my hand, and then i probably dont have a good tone or speed.

My fingerings seem logic to me, and because of it i am afraid to start learning the "right" way...

on the other hand, i really want to make my tone better, now it depends what is the price
    ------------------------------3--6-5-4-3--6--4-------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------5--------------------------6--4--------------------------------------------
    -----------------3--6---------------------------------------6--5---------------------------------
    ----------2--5-----------------------------------------------------5-5--5-------------------------
    -4-2-3----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3_1_2__1_4__1_4__3___1__4_3_2_1__4_2__4_2___4__3__ 4_4__4
    Anyone?
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    3 1 2 1 3 1 3 2 1 3 2 1 1 3 1 3 1 3 2 3

the last note in the sequence is Ab tho, not G.

For this particular example I would not use the pinky at all. Keep in mind in other jazz forms that would be fine, and I'm sure you could make it work, but if you are looking for more traditional fingerings then stick with the one I gave above. I don't know if it will help your speed, but mine is improving quite well with the traditional fingerings.

by traditional I mine gypsy type
    That is just what I was looking for.

Thank you.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Question: When upsweeping, at what angle should the pick meet the strings?
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    I am in the office right now, so i dont have guitar near, but i think between 45 and 70 degrees.