DjangoBooks.com

Help me find a guitar I saw on here

Hey everybody, I was wondering if you guys could help me find a guitar I saw on here maybe two or three years ago. I've searched high and low with every search query I could think of. It was a very very modern, funky looking gypsy inspired guitar. I wanna say that it was made in Switzerland, but I'm not totally sure on that.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm making a fully hollow thin-bodied electric in the shape of a Sel-mac, and wanted to find a picture of that guitar as inspiration for some designs. Thanks so much.

Comments

• Frank WekenmannFrank Wekenmann Germany✭✭✭✭
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Was it one of these Golda guitars
    http://www.goldaguitars.com/images/selmer005a_160.jpg

Alan
    always learning
    No, it was neither of those, although I really like the Golda Hungaria. I've played an Eastman made Pagelli before that I really liked, one of the Jazzability models. Those are awesome guitars.

I'm beginning to think this fabled guitar never existed in the first place...
  • blindjimmyblindjimmy phoenix,az✭✭✭✭
    The Frank Vignola model ?
    shut up and play your guitar
    I played Frank's guitar, the Benedetto, not his Thorell. Great guitar, but again, not what I was looking for.

For some reason I felt like it was called the Gypsy Nouveau or something, but that doesn't bring up any fruitful results on the Google-tubes. It was a really modern looking gypsy-ish git.
  • SteveGSteveG ✭✭
    The Gitane Nouveaux by Swiss luthier Claudio Pagelli ?

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/I ... gelli.aspx

StreamImage.aspx?Image_ID=89CA5081-043A-4F29-856A-6972E88741AA&Image_Type=image
    cheers
    bam. we have a winner.

thank you very much.

also, to let everyone know, i just began an apprenticeship with a luthier in asheville, nc. i'm in the process of making a fully hollow, thin bodied archtop, with two humbuckers. sort of an es-339, but in the shape of a sel-mac.