DjangoBooks.com

JWC Awesome !!!!!!!

I am the very happy,very proud owner of a new JWCG Modele jazz. This guitar is spectacular in every way. The balance and string response of this instrument allow la pompe to be played almost effortlessly with excellent projection, not to mention soloing which is unbelievably smooth, very selmer like in tone. Not one thing makes me regret choosing JWC ,including customer support. I had many questions and concerns while the guitar was in build which where always answered promptly by owner, Tony Walker. 10 out of 10 all around. Bravo Jengwoo on these wonderful guitars.

Comments

• fraterfrater Prodigy
    This has always been true about Tony. I bought a Manouche many years ago, had issues with it thanks to the previous owner and Tony helped me out just like I had bought it directly from him (including sending me for free two new labels after the original had been damaged by a humidifier)... He's a real gentleman, dedicated to his firm as one can be: I'd bet the new JWC will become reference very quickly.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Do you have a link where they sell them?

thx
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    Very nice, congratulations from another Manouche owner.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    thanks for the link. I'll check them out
  • Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    I bought a Manouche Moreno short scale from a fellow on this site. It's amazing. Lots of volume and definition. Maybe too dark for some tastes but I like it for the difference it has.

I'm guessing its the same lineage as the JWC? Someone kindly tell if I'm wrong.?
    Jeff
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
  • teyoungteyoung ✭✭✭
    Jeff Moore wrote:
    I bought a Manouche Moreno short scale from a fellow on this site. It's amazing. Lots of volume and definition. Maybe too dark for some tastes but I like it for the difference it has.

I'm guessing its the same lineage as the JWC? Someone kindly tell if I'm wrong.?
    Jeff
    Not so much on the dark side with the jwcg petite 14 fret selmer replica. This guitar has a very pleasing mid to high end sound with just the right amount in the low end and as said in my original post it is very selmer like in tonal quality. I think for most any taste this would be the perfect guitar. I highly recommend them.
    Yeah, the short scales are darker, but was my Manouche made by Jangwoe (sp?) or whom? and is it in a sense the same guitar as is now being made under the JWC label? It's just nice to know these things about a good guitar.
    Jeff
  • teyoungteyoung ✭✭✭
    Jeff Moore wrote:
    Yeah, the short scales are darker, but was my Manouche made by Jangwoe (sp?) or whom? and is it in a sense the same guitar as is now being made under the JWC label? It's just nice to know these things about a good guitar.
    Jeff
    By what I've read jeong woo had something to do with design specifications on manouche guitars which were made in Korea I believe, but did not personally build them which he is doing at JWC. These new instruments are different. Thinner finish, walnut neck, thinner french spruce top, more of a pronounced radius on top ,and pliage. An all around lighter,more responsive guitar than the factory built manouche. This is a hand built guitar made by a great luthier.
    Thanks a lot for the details. This seems to be THE website for this stuff.

You know how you can just dig a guitar cause you just do. I've spent a lot on gas, and learned a lot, but have fewer conclusions now about "what's the best guitar for me or for anyone else" than I started with.

This Manouche Moreno was made in a factory in Korea? Cool. I seem to remember reading that the Manouche stuff came from Asia without setup to Britain and was kinda finished off to some degree on the island. Anybody know what the top wood is? This one is number 065 and the top looks like a spruce (as your reply suggests) with a lot of orange toner and lots of small wavy medulary cross grain.
    As your reply suggests regarding this manouche: the finish looks thick, neck looks to be mahogany, it's pretty heavy, there's a medium high top arch, and this thing is really loud. Given the price, I'd guess the top is sitka spruce but I'd love to know.

Sounds like JWC is making good guitars, and thanks for the review, and any added info others might have about the Manouche.