DjangoBooks.com

Who is Dotschy Reinhardt?

Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
edited May 2011 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 629
I can across this interesting modern jazz singer Dotschy Reinhardt. The liner notes of her CD "Sprinkled Eyes" (written in German, so please don't fault my poor translating) alludes to the fact that she is a relative of Django's, but does not elaborate as to how she is related. Nice singer, with words to Minor Swing (called Girls Like Me) and Nuages, although she has more of a modern jazz sound than traditional gypsy jazz. She appears to sing in Romani, English, German, and French. Kinda resembles David Reinhardt (but waaaaaaay easier on the eyes - no offense David), so I wonder if this is a daughter of Babik?

dotschy_music.jpg
Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    she's from germany, probably as related to django as most gypsies are/claim to be....
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    ..but more likely than you !
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    Agreed, it's a pretty nice artical.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    It's spam, is what it is.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    What's spam, Ben?
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Tele295 wrote:
    What's spam, Ben?
    It's gone now. I was referring to a post pointing to an "artical" [sic] that was an online site selling cheap Chinese-made evening wear. The same guy posted it to several forum topics. I notified Michael H, and he must have removed it.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Thanks man for being on top of it getting that scam taken off the site. Learning to play Gj is tough enough without being distracted by cheap evening-wear!
    On the other hand, being distracted by what Dotschy's wearing (or not wearing) is another matter entirely!
    Benny

-- Orson Welles
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    *admires evening gown, adjusts diamondique head piece.
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • KoratKorat NetherlandsNew
    Tele295 wrote:
    I can across this interesting modern jazz singer Dotschy Reinhardt. The liner notes of her CD "Sprinkled Eyes" (written in German, so please don't fault my poor translating)

Check out this website:
    http://www.dotschyreinhardt.com/.
    It's in both German and English.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.