DjangoBooks.com

bireli live dvd : dorados guitar

blindjimmyblindjimmy phoenix,az✭✭✭✭
hello , does anyone know what guitar dorado is playing on the 'birele in viene' dvd, are there any gitanes up there thanks
shut up and play your guitar

Comments

• zavzav Geneve, SwissNew
    Yes, interesting guitar - it's D-hole, but with a narrow neck like on westerns...
    are there any gitanes

Heh... Don't think so. But Angelo's guitar on which the string has broken - was Dell Arte.

Anton
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    If I remember correctly it had a "Jellybean" hole, right? I've seen these before. I'm sure more than one maker does that - but there is a luthier in or around Mirecourt who makes guitars that look a lot like Dorado's guitar - I remember thinking that when watching the backstage jam on that DVD. Yorugui Loeffler plays one that looks very similar. It says who makes the guitar on the liner notes of his green covered CD but I've forgotten who it is. Maybe you can Google Yorgui Loeffler and see what he plays and then pause the DVD and see if you can make out any other distinguishing marks or features to see if it's the same maker.

That's a rippin' backstage jam isn't it? Samson, Dorado, Birelli, Stochelo, Angelo... I don't know if any of the other guys were in that circle but holy moses: "Dude... nice jam group" is the phrase that comes to mind....
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    yorgui plays a gerome, but dorados guitar is definitely not a gerome.
  • ClayClay Tulsa, OkNew
    a friend of mine has a 60 year old castellucia that is almost identical , but dorado's guitar is a little bit wider , possibly its a castellucia.
  • blindjimmyblindjimmy phoenix,az✭✭✭✭
    say bob, nice jam group has got to be one of the understatements of the year. everyone else, i'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed dorados guitar.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    blindjimmy - are you the guy who just bought the European Maple & Spruce Shelley Park with the top soundport?
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • blindjimmyblindjimmy phoenix,az✭✭✭✭
    no, that wasn't me, was he blind
  • ramsezazramsezaz Paris, FranceNew
    I second clay. It's an old castelluccia.
    A guy from the manoucheries.com forum bought it from Dorado last year.
    From what he said, the sound is really better than what it is on the DVD.
    my lutherie blog : http://ramsezaz/blogspot.com
  • trumbologytrumbology San FranciscoNew
    Am I remembering correctly that on the DVD, Dorado's guitar has seemingly the least "miked" sound, and sounds like a piezo pickup? One of the guys up there did, anyway, and it was noticeably, well, mediocre sounding in the mix as a result.
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    both Dorado and Samson's guitars sound pretty crappy (quacky) on the DVD because of the piezo pickups. On the backstyage extras you can hear Dorado play it acoustically very briefly, and it sounds nice - in fact it sounds the way Dorado always does, regardless (within limits) of the type of guitar :)