DjangoBooks.com

NEW Pearl Django Member!

PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
edited June 2010 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 766
I just read last night, on the Pearl Django site, that Neil Andersson is leaving the group he founded and that our good buddy Troy Chapman will be sitting in for him. I don't know if this is a permanent move or what, but sorry to see Neil leave the group and want to wish Troy all the best on taking up the reins and to also wish Neil all the best on what ever new endeavours he has planned.

This prompted me to pull from my collection, PD's classic CD "New Metropolitan Swing", which I hadn't listened to in sometime; great CD, which reminded me of my early days of listening to the group live down at the Hop Vine pub in Seattle, with the 3 guitar front "men" of Neil, Dudley & Shelley! That was the group that first inspired me to venture into this great music! This CD contains some of Dudely's finest playing and also a superb solo rendition by Neil of "Moonlight in Vermont".

Thanks Neil and Good luck Troy! Come on down to Portland soon will ya!

cheers

Phil

Comments

• B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805
    ......Congrats to Troy! I heard he had been practicing hard over the last year. I'm sure he will bring some nice compositions to Pearl Django. Neal will probably show up once in a awhile and sit in with PJ.
    Anyway, we should expect good things from both Troy and Neal.
  • AdelaarvarenAdelaarvaren Ballard, WA, USANew
    Well, I can tell you one thing. They sure sound good with Troy :)

Had the pleasure of dancing to them Sunday night. David wasn't there, but they still were hot. Troy was playing that solid body Shelly Park I believe, and Ryan had some sweet solos.

I pan out to the dancers at 3:15. This is such a great night, with two of my loves, Gypsy Jazz and Balboa.