Banner Adverts
Closure

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

jaredjames uoltercarlos

Django in a can

Comments

• Tom

I have a Dunn as my real guitar and an old Aria M & M for a beach guitar. I am having the neck reshaped a bit so it's closer to the Dunn which was done to order.

It isn't a terrible sounding guitar but it takes a lot of worry out of travelling around when playing for fun :D
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • TomThumbsTomThumbs NebraskaNew
    Likewise, although I don't own a Dunn, this Enorez will be my camping guitar, and really, it's not bad as a rhythm guitar.....albeit a cheap one.
    Tom
    Why do they call it a rest stroke......I get tired every time I try playing like that.
  • edited April 2010 Posts: 3,707
    One of these years when I have the time I am going to take a couple of days and shave the braces on my M & M. It's solid wood with rosewood back and sides and actually taps out pretty well. The problem is, according to a repair buddy who specializes in making old Martins and Gibson's sould like they should. the recycled bridge girders they used for braces. I'll have to turn it into a D hole or round hole to get my hand in. A little piece of Aluminum milled to the parabolic shape I want and a couple of days of listening to GJ music while I sand away and with luck beach guitar will be louder and fuller. 8) :lol:
  • B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭
    ENOREZ -
    There is an L.D. Zerone Gypsy Jazz guitar for sale on EBAY with a tweed case for $400.
    This is an ENOREZ (spelled backwards)!
    A few years back I received an email selling something by Emechs Llird (Scheme Drill spelled backwards - almost)!
    I have read that the ARIA and the CORDOBA GJ guitars are made by the same company.
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Anastasio, Godefroy Maruejouls
    I own an Aria D-hole and have recently seen and played a Cordoba - I am pretty certan that they come from the same factory. The D hole on both is slightly squarer than other d-holes, very distinctive.

I like my Aria but hated the Cordoba, strange given that they are so similar

Maybe we should be looking out for Abodroc guitars as well !

Alan
    always learning
    I have a bad Cordoba, too. It's just dead....did come with electronics, though, which I may retrofit somewhere else.
    I just hope someday I can afford a Remles guitar. Heard they're pretty good. ;-)

Tom
    Why do they call it a rest stroke......I get tired every time I try playing like that.
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Anastasio, Godefroy Maruejouls
    Good luck with finding a Remles - I'll hold out for an Otasub or an Onivaf

Alan
    always learning
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Whoever put Onivaf in the same eugael with Remles and Otasub should consider buy a Nofilpma device... :D
    This topic is wreaking havoc with my dyslexia.
  • :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: