DjangoBooks.com

Django in a can

Comments

• Tom

I have a Dunn as my real guitar and an old Aria M & M for a beach guitar. I am having the neck reshaped a bit so it's closer to the Dunn which was done to order.

It isn't a terrible sounding guitar but it takes a lot of worry out of travelling around when playing for fun :D
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • TomThumbsTomThumbs NebraskaNew
    Likewise, although I don't own a Dunn, this Enorez will be my camping guitar, and really, it's not bad as a rhythm guitar.....albeit a cheap one.
    Tom
    Why do they call it a rest stroke......I get tired every time I try playing like that.
  • edited April 2010 Posts: 3,707
    One of these years when I have the time I am going to take a couple of days and shave the braces on my M & M. It's solid wood with rosewood back and sides and actually taps out pretty well. The problem is, according to a repair buddy who specializes in making old Martins and Gibson's sould like they should. the recycled bridge girders they used for braces. I'll have to turn it into a D hole or round hole to get my hand in. A little piece of Aluminum milled to the parabolic shape I want and a couple of days of listening to GJ music while I sand away and with luck beach guitar will be louder and fuller. 8) :lol:
  • B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805
    ENOREZ -
    There is an L.D. Zerone Gypsy Jazz guitar for sale on EBAY with a tweed case for $400.
    This is an ENOREZ (spelled backwards)!
    A few years back I received an email selling something by Emechs Llird (Scheme Drill spelled backwards - almost)!
    I have read that the ARIA and the CORDOBA GJ guitars are made by the same company.
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    I own an Aria D-hole and have recently seen and played a Cordoba - I am pretty certan that they come from the same factory. The D hole on both is slightly squarer than other d-holes, very distinctive.

I like my Aria but hated the Cordoba, strange given that they are so similar

Maybe we should be looking out for Abodroc guitars as well !

Alan
    always learning
    I have a bad Cordoba, too. It's just dead....did come with electronics, though, which I may retrofit somewhere else.
    I just hope someday I can afford a Remles guitar. Heard they're pretty good. ;-)

Tom
    Why do they call it a rest stroke......I get tired every time I try playing like that.
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Good luck with finding a Remles - I'll hold out for an Otasub or an Onivaf

Alan
    always learning
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Whoever put Onivaf in the same eugael with Remles and Otasub should consider buy a Nofilpma device... :D
    This topic is wreaking havoc with my dyslexia.
  • :lol::lol::lol::lol: