DjangoBooks.com

Genuine Django Signatures from 1947 for Sale

Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
edited March 2010 in History Posts: 1,257
A man who has been collecting for over 75 years is selling three genuine Django Reinhardt signatures from 1947. They are on William Morris Agency paper with articles about Django from his American trip either stuck or printed on them. These were presumably William Morris advertising/press flyers that Django signed when he returned to Paris.

A cropped close-up of one of them is shown below.

Please pm me if you are interested.

Comments

• rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Hey Teddy

How much are these fine things??I know that its hard to know if it was indeed him or someone else in the band that signed them but even so, what a great find. Scared by how much they may be though :shock:
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    For those of you who have expressed an interest, below is a low res scan of the three sheets signed by Django. I will be seeing them on Sunday but from the high quality copies I have and their source, I am pretty sure they are authentic. The 1947 has clearly been added afterwards and is not Django's writing.

This is a private sale. No dealers are involved.
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    ...also this Django discography by Billy Gates & E. Gates (A.P.Sharpe) which is a lovely bit of Django memorabilia in incredibly good condition.