DjangoBooks.com

Gitane Dg-370 + Benedetto Floater??

2»

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Amir wrote:

and what about putting the Benedetto s-6 on a Barault guitar, that naturally sounds great and loud with a very low action (2.6mm on my guitar)?

Well, you'd have to string it with nickle strings for the Benedetto to work it's best, and that will diminish the instruments acoustic sound. And the obvious question is, do you really want to mount a humbucker on an expensive handmade guitar like a Barault? You will kill any resale value by doing that....

'm
  • AmirAmir New
    do you really want to mount a humbucker on an expensive handmade guitar like a Barault?

oh, no way! i've never seen the s-6, only heard about it. i thought that its attached to the soundhole like a stimer.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Amir wrote:
    oh, no way! i've never seen the s-6, only heard about it. i thought that its attached to the soundhole like a stimer.

Maybe you could make your own soundhole clip for it....but that's not how it's installed. It's for archtops so it's normally attached to the pickguard. Of course, you can't do that with a Gypsy guitar so you'd have bolt it in the top (you'd need the B6 for this).

'm
  • Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    I have a bunch of gypsy guitars, but I want to recommend the Manouche D-hole (hard to find) and the D-500.
    I think they are kinda ok gypsy guitars, but great guitars, and real loud too.
    They are cool in their own ways. Of course you don't get access to the high frets and the fretboards are classical in width.
    I play both these guitars all the time though I've got some great "real thing" gypsy guitars, because they have a magnificent sound all their own, and are more suitable to multiple styles, not to mention well under your budget (the 500 anyway).
    If you want to shred like the great Europeans, they aren't the thing of course.

Good Luck in your search.
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK