DjangoBooks.com

Stimers - how do they affect acoustic sound?

2»

Comments

• Argyle DaveArgyle Dave bellingham,WANew
    Archtop.com has some Armstrong floating pickups that are supposed to sound like a P-90. Seems like one of those mounted on the pick guard of your acoustic archtop might work for what you want. I have one of the neck mounted Jimmy Smith types with the "stealth" volume & tone controls mounted on an old archtop which sounds quite good acousticly or electric. Just a flick of the volume control would do what you want.
    I love the sound your getting with both of your archtops, especially the one with the CC pick up and the EH-185. What a great combination.

Dave
  • AdelaarvarenAdelaarvaren Ballard, WA, USANew
    I'm going to watch this whole video in the hopes that you guys play "Judy", the version on your CD is sweet.

Nice mix of dancing out there, some shag, some east coast & west coast, the lovely southern Cali favorite Balboa... Haven't seen a swing out yet, but the tempo has been low thus far (first two songs) and we are mostly seeing the band. Oh wait, there goes a small one ;)

Nice stuff.
  • CampusfiveCampusfive Los Angeles, CA✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, thanks very much.

I'm pretty sure we played Judy at some point that set, although it might have been one of the other two sets that night. They're both on youtube as well.
  • slicker37slicker37 New
    hi johnathon,
    Hi everyone i;m new to this forum..... i think the answer to your problem is to have 2 pickups fitted.One undersaddle and a magnetic each with different controls.Martin taylors yamaha aex1500 is like that for example.Otherwise just mike your eastman and fit a single coil on it so you can change sounds without changing guitars.
    all the best
    mike
  • bjewellbjewell New
    Cool band my friend. You'll never get the tones you need with one guitar. But if you absolutely have to, I'd put an internal mic pickup in the "ES-150," maybe stick a volume pot somwhere on the edge of the guitar with sticky tape, turn up the CC pickup for electric, turn it down for rhythm...

Good luck!