DjangoBooks.com

Latcho Dives - It's a must have for your library!

tincuptincup Madison, WINew
edited August 2009 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 27
I ran into amazing CD by the group Latcho Dives "Musiciens Manouche En Bearn" recorded 10 years ago. You can hear the CD at http://warmstuff.blogspot.com/2009/06/latcho-dives.html
Music and sound has flamenco influence. The band is made of Spanish-French border gypsys. Voices and the way they play has hypnotic affect on me.

It's strange that if you try to search internet on Latcho Dives, you can not find the right band. Must be some common Gyspsy words. If you search the web on CD name "Musiciens Manouche En Bearn" you will find them. Most info is French and nothing in English. This is their only recording. You can still buy it online or download from http://www.emusic.com/album/Various-Artists-Musiciens-Manouches-en-B%C3%A9arn-Latcho-Dives-Gypsy-MP3-Download/11490437.html

Latcho+dives.jpg
If I'm out of my mind, it's OK with me.
The Stuff I like - Gypsy Swing Samples

Comments

• tincuptincup Madison, WINew
    I suggest everyone to buy it. It's amazing. Clcik on the CD link above to see the titles and you can find some interesting stuff.
    Song that I posted "Todo Pasara" on violin is very famos spanish song, and a big hit. There are few songs with singing in Roma language like "Kai ja", and "Chavo". Also a few standards like "Just a gigolo", "Besame mucho" and "Sabor ami". Another famos spanish song "Amado mio" is known from one of my favorite movies "Gilda" with fabulous Rita Hayworth and Glenn Ford.

If I'm out of my mind, it's OK with me.
    The Stuff I like - Gypsy Swing Samples